New to forum -question about DL burns with CloneDVD2

vbimport

I’m having problems with the layer break freezing. All that’s required to get it playing again is to quickly tap the forward button then play again. It happens no matter if I’m doing a Clone or Direct Copy.

I’m using CloneDVD2 2.9.2.0
Plextor PX 716A burner
Memorex DVD+R DL media

I did a bit of reading on the forum but didn’t find anything I thought was relevant to my situation.

Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge CloneDVD does not preserve the layer break, CloneCD does. Try that and see if the problem goes away for you.

I can try that. The 21 day trial offer is still valid I believe.

Yeah it has always been a try before you buy deal. If you’ve ever tried it before you may be out of luck though.

[QUOTE=aliensurfer;2169150]I’m having problems with the layer break freezing. All that’s required to get it playing again is to quickly tap the forward button then play again. It happens no matter if I’m doing a Clone or Direct Copy.

I’m using CloneDVD2 2.9.2.0
Plextor PX 716A burner
[B][U]Memorex DVD+R DL media[/U][/B]

I did a bit of reading on the forum but didn’t find anything I thought was relevant to my situation.

Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

The freeziing is most likely due to the media. The only DL media consitently recommended is Verbatim DL.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2169265]The freeziing is most likely due to the media. The only DL media consitently recommended is Verbatim DL.[/QUOTE]

That is true but burning speed does also affect the outcome as well besides just the media. But I use Memorex and Verbatim DL media and both have come out well for me. If I get a bad batch I just use the warranty to get replacements for the bad batch I bought but you must have the receipt to do the warranty. Also what’s available where one lives determines what one can buy at that time as well.

I’ll try to get a hold of some Verbatim blanks to try out.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=aliensurfer;2169476]I’ll try to get a hold of some Verbatim blanks to try out.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Some lite reading - look for the 2.4X for your burner.

PX-716A/SA/UF Media List
DVD+R DL Media

http://www.plextor.com/ENGLISH/support/media_716.htm

Silly as this sounds, I never even thought to check out the Plextor site for that kind of information.

That’s a fantastic link - lot’s of information.

Thanks Jeff53404