New to CloneDVD2

vbimport

Hello,
I have a quick question about a problem I just came acrossed. I am trying to make a backup of “Sahara” (Movie size=4.85g) using 4.7g Memorex DVD-R Discs. I am using the “Copy DVD Titles” feature, “Preserve Menus” unchecked, Qaulity at 100%. The movie succesfully copies to a temporary location, when I then insert a blank DVD-R Disc, an error pops up stating that the “Source is too Large”. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. :slight_smile:

1badhabit -

Welcome to the CD Freaks Forum.

Most likely your problem is related to the blank DVD Media you used.

Informed knowledgeable Forum Members are fully aware that Memorex DVD Media is absolute garbage Media and avoid using any Memorex DVD Media.

To achieve quality error free results suggest obtaining known proven quality DVD Media such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. Suggest viewing the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33) for detailed information on quality DVD Media.

Another thing to check is the Firmware version of your DVD Burner. To ensure quality error free results it is important to ensure that your DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available.

BeLooken

Outstanding! Thank you for the quick reply and the greeting. I went and picked up some Verbatim DVD Media this morning, and im about to give it shot, let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

This maybe to another point in your statement but are you switching it to DVD+5=4.7G rather then hightlighting DVD+9=8.4G dual layer? Give that a check when you do use CloneDVD. CloneDVD will compress that dual to single layer if your picking the right compression.

And that right there was my major problem, a simple mistake I was missing, but thank you very much for bringing it up, wrong compression for the wrong media. Thanks again.