New to CloneDVD

I just started a 3 week trial with CloneDVD2. I’ve tried to backup 6 of my DVDs but have only been successful one time. The other 5 times I have received a message stating it was trying to repair a defective dvd structure. The DVDs are in fine condition so it is not like there are any scratches or marks on them. Has anyone encountered this message before? I’d really like to purchase the software but I am definitely not going to if I keep getting this error and only 1 of 6 dvds are able to work. Like I said the DVDs work fine in my DVD player.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

A defective structure is not referred to a damaged disc, but to some protections that create these errors.

You can do two things to correct. Use also anydvd in association with clonedvd, or use ripit4me to rip first and then use dvd shrink or clonedvd on ripped files.

Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded anydvd at the same time I did CloneDVD. It is in the bottom right hand corner of my screen so I assumed it was working. Is there something i need to do in order to activate it?

Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded anydvd at the same time I did CloneDVD2. It is in the bottom right hand corner of my screen so I assumed it was working. Is there something i need to do in order to activate it?

I’m glad it has nothing to do with my dvds. I was getting really frustrated with it. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

If you can see the anydvd try icon, then I suppose that anydvd is active and running.

Maybe you need to modify some settings. Sorry, I’m not able to suggest settings, because I don’t use it. I prefer to use RipIt4Me

Check Anydvd’s settings and make sure it is active on the drive you are trying to rip from. Did you reboot after install? What are the titles of the discs you are trying to copy? What are the contents of the Anydvd log window for the disc that is inserted?

It is active and I have rebooted a few times. The movie is The Breakup.

I have since been able to rip it completely with DVD Decrypter. However, I am not sure what I am doing now. As you can probably tell, this whole process is pretty new to me. The one that I burned early was extremely easy. I am not sure why I am having difficulty with the rest.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1451939&postcount=1