New to CloneDVD and Burning in General

vbimport

I guess my question is about as basic as you can find…

I want to back up my copy of Star Wars Episode II, and have managed to get it to about 70% or so by eliminating everything except for the main movie and the 2 Channels for audio. My first question is, what would be best to keep? 6 audios, or 2? I don’t really want to keep both, and 2 alone gets my quality up to 70%, so that’s what I am inclined to do.

And here’s my actual question. How do you just burn? I have a CD Drive and a DVD Drive. What do I do? Do I put my blank DVD in my DVD Drive, and Star Wars in the CD Drive? How can I do it all in one step?

I ended up copying the movie once by clicking on DVD Files instead of DVD Writer and I now have two folders entitled VIDEO_TS and then AUDIO_TS. There are some files in the VIDEO_TS folder but none in the AUDIO_TS folder.

I’ve read the manuals for the CloneDVD software and it just wasn’t complete. If someone can help a n00b out here I would be much obliged.

@ m00kie40,

For information on how to use CloneDVD can be obtained by reviewing the CloneDVD User Manual. The CloneDVD Manual can be accessed in the following manner. On the CloneDVD opening page click on “Help” located on the top upper right hand corner on the opening page. The CloneDVD manual will appear.

For information on how to use AnyDVD “Right Click” on the area you desire information about and a Pop Up Window will appear which provides information on that function.

Also suggest viewing the below tutorial which should answer your questions concerning the use of the CloneDVD and AnyDVD software programs.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Best Regards,
bjkg

You can’t do it in one step, a CD player is just that, it plays CD’s and not DVD’s so how could you expect it to read a DVD.

Read the manual again as suggested, it’s got lots of good information in there.

Place the original in your DVD burner, and it will copy the required files to your hard drive, then you remove the original and place a blank in there when it is ready to burn.
The whole process should not take more then 45 minutes to burn a two hour movie.

Don’t worry about the empty Audio_TS folder, it’s supposed to be empty, the audio files are included in the Video_TS folder.