New to clone dvd, some question

vbimport

I’m new to clone dvd, i also installed any dvd. So last night i try to back up my first dvd and it dont work :confused: . I try to copy directly to a dvd and it dont work. Whats the easiest way of copying a dvd ? Even if i make a back up i would like to keep the menus and all.

Heres what i do.

1- middle button, Clone dvd

2-The titles, should i check all ? or just the first wich is the longest ? Also in the bottom, left of the quality bar, wich should i choose ? dvd-5 or what ? i cant find explanation of this.

3-Audio seem to be ok

4-Output, dvd files, iso-udf, dvd writer ? Wich work best ?
I cant seem to be able to go directly to dvd writer, i have to go dvd-iso-writer…ok ?

5-Then when i i click on go it decode then when i click on write it say that i’m missing some tfo files…

Any help is welcome.

If you’d like to keep the whole dvd, it would be the best way to burn it on a DL disc.
If you check all the titles, etc., and select dvd-5 as output file, i guess you won’t be very satisfied with the end result, cause it needs a lot of compressing, except
in some cases, you can fit the whole dvd incl. extras to a dvd-5, without quality
losses.The longest title should
generally be the main movie, but you’ll see that in the preview window. If you select dvd
files, you’ll have later a video_ts folder and you can burn them for example with nero, and if you go with dvdburner first it would transcode, then it will be burned!

@ mizar21,

For information on how to use CloneDVD can be obtained by reviewing the CloneDVD User Manual. The CloneDVD Manual can be accessed in the following manner. On the CloneDVD opening page click on “Help” located on the top upper right hand corner on the opening page. The CloneDVD manual will appear.

For information on how to use AnyDVD “Right Click” on the area you desire information about and a Pop Up Window will appear which provides information on that function.

Also suggest viewing the below tutorial which should answer your questions concerning the use of the CloneDVD and AnyDVD software programs.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=72022

Best Regards,
bjkg

I have already read the manual, it’s just that it dont explain much. And most of all it dont explain how to correct the missing tfo file.

@ mizar21,

Perchance can you be more descriptive and provide amplifying information on exactly why you cannot “go directly to DVD Writer”? Perchance do you receive any error notice or something similar when attempt to use the CloneDVD built in DVD Writer?

The CloneDVD built-in DVD Burn “engine” is extremely stable and produces excellent results. There really isn’t any reason to be using any other software program to Burn your DVD to blank DVD media other than CloneDVD.

The referenced Tutorial provides step-by-step details on how to use the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software. When following the steps outlined in the Tutorial do you still encounter problems when attempting to use the CloneDVD built in DVD Writer?

Best Regards,
bjkg