New to CD Burning

Hi,
Maybe I’m dumb or maybe its just cause I’m new, but would really appreciate some kind of info on the basics of burning!!!

I was wondering whats all the “Disk At Once”, “On the Fly”, etc. is and what is it that I’d need to know to burn discs, be it data, mp3 or just plain duplication of CD’s. Any direction to a site that says it all would be nice :slight_smile:

And :o the writer I’ve got is kinda old (got it on purchase of a second hand PC) and hence do not know its make! Wonder if there is any generic driver that I cud use or if I’d have to find the make/ model and then get the right driver

Looking for help

Cheerios
:slight_smile:

I was wondering whats all the “Disk At Once”, “On the Fly”, etc. is and what is it that I’d need to know to burn discs, be it data, mp3 or just plain duplication of CD’s. Any direction to a site that says it all would be nice

look here: http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=44

Wonder if there is any generic driver that I cud use or if I’d have to find the make/ model and then get the right driver

If you are using windows there is a generic driver already loaded for the drive by default and this should be all that you need.
To find out who makes the drive goto the control panel then to system and look under the CDrom properties and alot of the times you can find atleast the make and sometimes the model number of the drive there.

Note to burn CDs you must have burning software installed, such as, Easy CD Creator or Nero Burning Rom.

If you don’t have any software installed I suggest you get Nero.

Thanks Pal :slight_smile: , Went thru it all and sure am enlightened!!! Atleast, now I know what people are talking of.

As for the burning software, the PC has some Adaptec stuff, but most likely I’ll have to format the PC as it has crashed and I plan to put in XP pro. Guess I’ll then have to first try out with Burn At Once and learn a thing or two befor I get to things like Nero!

Thanks once again and

Cheerios
:slight_smile: