New to BD-R Burning...What Did i Do Wrong?

vbimport

Is this disc bad? Are there any Lite-On Utilities that i need to configure and how? I am primarily going to use these for data backups.

Thanks
NBK

Lite-On iBHS312 2
fw PL16
Panasonic BD-R 25Gb 4x
MID: MEI-T02-001
MIJ
burned at 4x…would burn at 6x

Hello,

Nero DiscSpeed is not suited so well for scanning Blu-Rays, nevertheless it shows, that Your disc is ok. The quality score means nothing in this case.

Try the software OptiDriveControl for scanning Blu-Rays.

Kind Regards

I guess this Panasonic BD-R has no problems too?

Thanks
NBK

Outside of the tiny spike between 0.5 and 1.0 GB (where the drive shows a spike in Focus Errors), it’s fine. With any luck, the spike is just an artifact that affects only a handful of discs, and isn’t a sign of anything. The discs should be fine as long as they are treated & stored well. (Much like the DVD media you know.)

[QUOTE=Albert;2716027]Outside of the tiny spike between 0.5 and 1.0 GB (where the drive shows a spike in Focus Errors), it’s fine. With any luck, the spike is just an artifact that affects only a handful of discs, and isn’t a sign of anything. The discs should be fine as long as they are treated & stored well. (Much like the DVD media you know.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding Albert!

That spike appears on my 3rd BD-R burn too in Opti Drive Control screen caps above. I wonder how far down the spindle this goes?

Lite-On iBHS312 2
fw PL16
Panasonic BD-R 25Gb 4x
MIJ
burned at 4 with Opti Drive Control

Lite-On iBHS312 2
fw PL16
Panasonic BD-R 25Gb 4x
MIJ
burned at 6x with Opti Drive Control

This is…i hope my BD-R for scanning purposes. I just want to know if it is safe to start burning data to this discs? I believe it is.

Thanks
NBK

Looks good/normal. Looks very safe. :iagree:

Just FYI: ODC has two speed selection boxes in the section where you create the data disc. In your case, it looks like it used the upper speed box, not the lower speed box.

All the burns you’ve done look like they’ve been at 4x, with hardware defect management enabled (ODC has this enabled by default, as does CD-DVD Speed). If you burn using something like ImgBurn, default settings have defect management off, so the burn might be a bit different. And of course you can still set the proper speed selection box to 6x in ODC for future tests. But ODC has a bug for creating test discs that causes buffer issues/throttles the data way below what the SATA bus is capable of at high speeds (I think it affects 10x and above, but may appear at other times, so be on the lookout).

Because of this, and because of the awkward speed selection, you have the option to write with ImgBurn, display the write graph data using ODC or some other tool (DVDInfoPro maybe, and another tool), and scan using ODC.

There are also two speed selection boxes in the disc scanning area of ODC. This looks like you managed to set it correctly using the lower speed box.

[QUOTE=Albert;2716234]Looks good/normal. Looks very safe. :iagree:

Just FYI: ODC has two speed selection boxes in the section where you create the data disc. In your case, it looks like it used the upper speed box, not the lower speed box.

All the burns you’ve done look like they’ve been at 4x, with hardware defect management enabled (ODC has this enabled by default, as does CD-DVD Speed). If you burn using something like ImgBurn, default settings have defect management off, so the burn might be a bit different. And of course you can still set the proper speed selection box to 6x in ODC for future tests. But ODC has a bug for creating test discs that causes buffer issues/throttles the data way below what the SATA bus is capable of at high speeds (I think it affects 10x and above, but may appear at other times, so be on the lookout).

Because of this, and because of the awkward speed selection, you have the option to write with ImgBurn, display the write graph data using ODC or some other tool (DVDInfoPro maybe, and another tool), and scan using ODC.

There are also two speed selection boxes in the disc scanning area of ODC. This looks like you managed to set it correctly using the lower speed box.[/QUOTE]

Hey! Albert

Which settings do i need to use to get ODC scan BD-r’s burned with ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP to not slow down ODC quality scan to to a mind numbing crawl. I cannot check these burned data discs due to this. If you need a posted .png, just ask.

Thanks
NBK

You mean like scanning at 4x or 8x instead of 2x? Just make sure you use the right speed selection box. The box above “Start full” button in the scan window seems to be what controls the speed for the scan.

Note the position, speed and elapsed time of the quality scan. The disc was burned with Nero 10 Express. What causes this massive slow down? What can i do about it?

Thanks
NBK

I found a workaround for the slow scanning…

Ohhhhhhh.

See if the FAQ helps, specifically the part of the post that mentions the iHBS312: http://club.myce.com/f44/f-q-liteon-optical-drives-updated-18-october-2012-a-109986/#post2659969