New TDK +R disc freeze on playback

vbimport

Hi all … I have been using verbatim DVD+R for quite some time … well I ran out and the only thing I could get on the fly were TDK +R 16X … I backed up a movie I have but it freeze at certain parts in the film … I have tried changing the speeds … I tried 8x … then 10x … the 12x … then 16X … now I am trying 8x and typesetting it to DVD-Rom … to see it that will work … although I have had freezes with verbatim … it’s usually a disc here and there … but every back up I’ve burn of the TDK freezes … my player has been able to play other brand name DVD and off brand … so I don’t know what the deal is … I’m hoping someone here can help me … :sad::iagree:

Unfortunately bitsetting to DVD-ROM won’t help with the freezing.

It’s usually either a media or a burn speed problem - and since you’ve tried multiple burn speeds, that just leaves the media as the culprit, I’m afraid :frowning:

I have to agree with Arachne, and since you say this,

“my player has been able to play other brand name DVD and off brand … so I don’t know what the deal is.”

Try better media…

Okay … I found a solution … I burn the disc on my other burner and now it plays ok … I wish I had of tried that on the second disc instead of the eighth! … All is well now … thank you for checking in …

Glad you sorted it - that’s one of the perks of having more than one burner, one may behave better with a certain media than the other :wink: