New system - new problems

Long time listener - first time caller.

I just built a new system over the weekend and my DVDFab Plat software isn’t working like it used to.

I guess here is the basic info about what has or hasn’t changed in my system:

I was using the newest version 5.232 on both my older system and my newer system.
In my new system is Vista 64bit, my old system was Windows XP service pack 3.
I am using the same dvd burners from my old system in my new system.

I think that about covers the info on my end.

Now for the problems that I have encountered so far:

After DVDfab has completed copying the disk to the hard drive, if I have it set to the VSO burning software it is unable to burn it. A windows error pops up saying that Windows may find a solution why the program is unable to continue - but it never comes back with anything. Any ideas here?

So I switched from using the VSO burning software to using IMGBurn. I don’t mind this setup except for one little thing that irritates me. After DVDFAB has copied the DVD and moves to burn it with IMGBurn, a little message pops up that is just basically infoming me what IMGBurn is about to do - is there a way to disable that message? I like being able to setup my computer to copy/burn a disc and walk away. I don’t want to have to babysit it just to click an “ok” button.

And finally, if I am backing up a TV episode DVD and I want to do a customize/split of the DVD. When I do this using the IMBgurn program as the burning software when I pop in the 2nd disc to be burned DVDFAB will not recognize the disc. I have to shut the program back down and basically customize the disc to put on the info that should be on the second disc.

Hope I explained my issues so you guys can help out - thanks in advance!

Hi jarek23456 and welcome,

I’m just headed out the door so I really can’t help right now except with the babysitting.
Please make the following change in Img:
[B]tools > settings > build > don’t prompt image details[/B]
This will make the SL burns seamless…the Img screen will pop up, but won’t require anything from you.

For DL burns, I’m afraid you’ll still have to select a layer break manually, ie., unless the .ISO file contains an .MDS file for Img to locate the LB.

One of the Vista users like SJ should be along to help.

Sorry, gotta run.

Mainman - thanks for the info on the IMGburn so I won’t have to babysit on SL projects anymore!

anyone care to help tackle the 1st or 3rd problem I have listed?

After DVDfab has completed copying the disk to the hard drive, if I have it set to the VSO burning software it is unable to burn it. A windows error pops up saying that Windows may find a solution why the program is unable to continue - but it never comes back with anything. Any ideas here?

and

And finally, if I am backing up a TV episode DVD and I want to do a customize/split of the DVD. When I do this using the IMBgurn program as the burning software when I pop in the 2nd disc to be burned DVDFAB will not recognize the disc. I have to shut the program back down and basically customize the disc to put on the info that should be on the second disc.

"A windows error pops up saying that Windows may find a solution why the program is unable to continue - but it never comes back with anything. "

All that does is send info on your system and hardware configuration and info regarding the error to Microsoft so they can investigate the problem and work on a solution if and only if it pertains to their product :frowning:

[quote=jarek23456;2216634]anyone care to help tackle the 1st or 3rd problem I have listed?

and[/quote]Re: Burning a Customize Split
I have never tried this–I always let DVDFab write both outputs to folder Targets and then burn them both–but I suspect that ImgBurn is not releasing the SPTI I/O control to allow access for DVDFab to know that it is time to burn the second disc. Try some or all of the following:

[ul]
[li]In ImgBurn->Tools->Settings->Write, UNcheck “Lock Volume…”, CHECK “Check Close Program” (this is when Img releases the SPTI I/O control), perhaps increase the time under Queue Options.
[/li][li]In ImgBurn->Tools->Settings->I/O, try a different I/O control method, e.g. ASPI or Patin-Couffin.
[/li][/ul] I’m not sure how well this will work with ImgBurn selected as the burning engine since even though it is an excellent application it is not as fully integrated into DVDFab as VSO and the 2-disc burn requires some interaction between the burning engine and DVDFab that may not be happening smoothly.

Thanks Signals, I will give that a whirl.

Also I thought of something while I was at work and just tried it at home - and came up with some new problems. I re-installed my convertX to dvd on my new pc to see if that might help out with my VSO issue that wasn’t working. Well, this time instead of the program locking up and not doing anything it started burning to a disc - but not with positive results.

I ended up making my first coaster ever from DVDFab plat :sad:

I attempted to clone a movie (the first time I ever tried it) and I got the message:

Task_2failed! Error=122
and process failed.

what does the error 122 mean?

looks like another user is having the4 same problems in this thread http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-problems-265475/

Hi again jarek,

I see your making [I]some[/I] headway courtesy of signals.
There has been a plethora of issues with VSO since last Summer-Fall .
Many users have switched to Img with positive results.
As signals said though, the integration is not as complete with Img.

I’ve seen problems in the past where the patin-couffin driver is in conflict, not only with other access layers, but sometimes even with itself.
I would delete all instances of patin-couffin driver in device manager and then simply re-install Fab. It may not work, but it’s quick and easy and shouldn’t cause any problems.

By making a couple fo the changes suggested in this thread all appears to be working the way it used to work for me - and the way I like it! There is one minor error I am getting when the disc is burning in IMGBurn:

W 19:51:00 Failed to Write Sectors 36992 - 37023 - Reason: Power On, Reset, or Bus Device Reset Occurred

It does that for every sector of the disc, then it retries like this:

W 19:52:38 Retrying (1 of 20)…

and then it writes the secotrs like this:

I 19:53:20 Writing Sectors…

But, as I said before it seems like the few discs I worked on backed up flawlessly upon a quick overview inspection despite the stated errors in IMGBurn. Plus, even with all the supposed “retries” it still burned the projects in an appropriate amount of time.

I just finished another dvd project and here are some more specifics in regards to what I am seeing.

The total project size was 4.24 gb
It took 13.55 min to burn the project burning at 4x speed.
It “retried” 390 times

Again, the disc played fine. So I probably don’t have a reason to be concerned right?