New Sony protections?

Hi guys,
I was jsut wondering if there was a thread somewhere where we could post our DVD protection issues, 'cos I didn’t find any here…

I actually use anydvd 5.5.1.1 (latest) with DVV Copy Platinum 4 (Intervideo). I never have problems copying dvd’s usually, but from time to time there seems to be a new protection not recognized by anydvd on recent movies.

Indeed, yesterday I tried to burn a new video movie “Suspect Zero” (2004, from director E. Elias Merhige, with Ben Kingsley). The copy went perfect but I was unable to read it in my player. The DVD did start but there was nothing but a black screen through all chapters. The DVD is Region 2, with logo “Sony pictures home entertainment”.

Anydvd info:
"Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 5.5.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!"

I had no problems with the movie Suspect Zero, I ripped and copied with DVDDecrypter and DVD Shrink before I started using AnyDVD and CloneDVD , although it was a Region 1 Disc

Try to disable this option (click DEFAULT in AnyDVD settings).

If you want to manually change first play, use IFOEdit. Launch the program and open VIDEO_TS.IFO. Press “DVD Play” and play through up to the main menu. Take note of what was played. It will give you a message when you exit the DVD Player.

Then expand “VMGM_MAT” and click on “First Play”. Scroll down to the Pre Commands and see which PGC it goes to.

Then Expand “VMGM_PGCI_UT” and click on the menu that the pre command jumps to. Scroll down to the Pre Commands. Now look through those commands for the one that reads “(JumpTT) Jump to Title X”, where X is the number of the first preview or whatever plays. Then Right click this command and choose “edit command”. Change it to using the drop box. “(JumpSS_VTSM) Jump to Title Set Menu”. Then use the drop boxes to set the Title number (usually 1), Title Set Number (I think this is the VTS number the Menu is in), and menu Type (Root).

If the stuff that plays before is part of VIDEO_TS.VOB, then you will want to add the JumpSS_VTSM command to the end of the pre command list (Pre NOT Post). There are however some movie where skipping the absolute first play may cause a problem. I have found Bewitched to cause a problem, so I left the Sony Logo when I Edited the IFOs, but everything else in VIDEO_TS.VOB was skipped and then blanked out using VobBlanker.

I’ll try with IFO edit than. As regards the option “Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!” in Anydvd, I did able the option myself since the movie really is on Title 1. Once I put the dvd in the player, it does jump to the movie directly as I can see chapter 1/24 (don’t quite remember the total number of chapters), but when I move to each chapter of the movie, all I get is a black screen.

Anyway, I’ll try with IFO Edit.
Thanks to all of you