New Sony BD Burner (bwu-200s)

*better/faster read/write speeds (4x)…of course 4x media doesn’t seem widely available.

*SATA (hooray!!)

And it even supports HD-DVD (ok, bad joke)

Hopefully Made in Japan (you never know these days).

Supposed to ship 29.10.2007 (soon).

why would anyone really care when LG has 6x already, and supports both formats?

[quote=Chick_Hearn;1917098]*better/faster read/write speeds (4x)…[B]of course 4x media doesn’t seem widely available[/B].[/quote]The 2x BD-R Verbatim media can be written at 4x and according to latests test, it can be written at 6x with the LG GGW-H20N drive. :wink:

Below is a pic and specs. Anybody wants to guess who made the drive?

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1917215]why would anyone really care when LG has 6x already, and supports both formats?[/QUOTE]

I was going to buy Sony’s 1st gen BD burner, but now I think I’ll wait just a bit and possibly get the bwu-200s.

Nekrosoft13, do you mean LG GGW-H20N ? Does anyone know where a good place to buy this? I can’t seem to find any place that has this… thanks

[QUOTE=zevia;1917260]The 2x BD-R Verbatim media can be written at 4x and according to latests test, it can be written at 6x with the LG GGW-H20N drive. ;)[/QUOTE]
The BD-RE burning is still at 2X… Until the BD-R blank discs come down in price, I’ll probably stick with initially burning BD-RE’s to prevent making expensive coasters. I remember my first gen dvd-burner…probably made hundreds of coasters!!!

[QUOTE=zevia;1917475]Below is a pic and specs. Anybody wants to guess who made the drive?[/QUOTE]

hmm, perhaps it’s not Panasonic this time (although it’s my first guess).

what is the answer: :slight_smile:

Not LG??

[QUOTE=plasm0;1917914]
Nekrosoft13, do you mean LG GGW-H20N ? Does anyone know where a good place to buy this? I can’t seem to find any place that has this… thanks

[/QUOTE]

don’t waste your time with sony.

nothing can beat LG when it comes to Blue laser :wink:

http://www.google.com/products?q=GGW-H20L&hl=en&show=dd

I guess when you grow up with black and white TV…go through color then reels movies then VHS then DVD and now this…i just don’t get it. I can already see a nats ass on a donkey with my setup. Kind of hard to get any better than that. I don’t buy it.

[quote=rolling56;1925492]I can already see a nats ass on a donkey with my setup. Kind of hard to get any better than that. I don’t buy it.[/quote]Hehe, can’t argue with that. People watching HD not only wants to see better but I’ve seen significantly increase in image details and more color. Not to mention better sound, if you have a AV receiver (and good speakers) that supports it. Just like Dolby Digital 5.1 vs DTS 5.1, you can hear the difference.

I was like you few months ago, rolling, even after I bought the 42" Samsung. Watching from pioneer dvd player looks damn good on the plasma and I thought it wont get any better. But after I see Open Season in blu-ray at my local Bestbuy, and Ultra Violet also in Blu-ray at my friend’s house (via PS3), I tried some blu-ray movies at home and see quite significant diference in picture details and color.

I guess you need to experience it too see the difference. :wink:

Heyyo zevi,

I just don’t see justifying the cost. You know you can adjust the color don’t you?

I go in Sam’s and they have their HDTV’s turned on and i honestly don’t see the difference. I go to Bestbuy,Circuit City, etc… and same thing.

It’s ya’lls money…

Heyyo rolling!

I hear you. But lets talk about it in the new thread I just created so not to make this Sony BD Burner thread of topic? :wink:

[QUOTE=zevia;1917475]Below is a pic and specs. Anybody wants to guess who made the drive?[/QUOTE]

4X BD-r write and SATA interface; I think this is going to be a very nice drive

[QUOTE=Chick_Hearn;1917098]*better/faster read/write speeds (4x)…of course 4x media doesn’t seem widely available.

[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to update/correct this statement. There are 4x Panasonic blanks at Fry’s Electronics ($7.99 US each).