New SOHW-812S Firmware: US0J

Known changes in US0J (firmware timestamp: 2004/04/14 11:17)
*) Added bitsetting support.
*) Added 10 new DVD media codes.

*Edit: now that US0J been officially released, I’ll just point to the official LiteOn website instead…
http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/English/e_downloads/e_firmware_dvd%20rw.asp

Please post your results! Does bitsetting really work? How’s the burn quality?

A few notes about the bitsetting patches in relation to this new FW.
*) If you want bitsetting for an older version of the 812S, you can still get it by applying the 812S bitsetting patch.
*) The 812S bitsetting patch correctly recognizes that the bitsetting code is different in this FW version (and will thus refuse to patch this version)
*) The auto-bitsetting firmware patch should still work for this revision (I just tried it).

Gah, having some computer problems… can’t check my email quite yet. I’ll try to upload the one from your website if I can though.

What’s the timestamp on this firmware?

Originally posted by Ssseth
What’s the timestamp on this firmware?

2004/04/14 11:17

Thanks.

I guess I’ll give it a shot.

Originally posted by C0deKing
I just had a look at US0J. I bet it doesn’t work with +RW.

*Original comment edited… If it is broken, then it’s probably best to just release a RW-fixed version of US0J…

Originally posted by code65536
Probably better to just release a RW-fixed version of US0J…

Might not be a bad idea.
Once confirmed that it doesn’t work whoever got this firmware (nicw) shoud let their contact know that +RW is not working in it.

Bitsetting to DVD+RW works on the official US0J.

Originally posted by DMagic1
Bitsetting to DVD+RW works on the official US0J.

Well that’s interesting… :eek: I wonder what else is different…

Good to know. Can a few more people confirm that?

I burned one DVD+R x8 with new firmware

here are the results :

08 02 00 00 01 0F 01 00 00 03 00 00 00 25 E5 CF …%…
00 00 00 00 00 00 03 52 49 43 4F 48 4A 50 4E 52 …RICOHJPNR
30 32 03 38 23 54 37 18 00 3E 6E 00 70 62 15 15 02.8#T7…>n.pb…
0B 0B 08 08 01 19 1B 0B 0B 0E 0F 01 00 00 00 00 …

The same media was tested by me with US0G-bs firmware in this thread :
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93503&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

bartekk,

Did the burn speed drop at the end of the disc?

@code65536

There is an auto-bitsetting patch? I have my attention divided in too many places… must go find it. :cool:

Originally posted by Bicster
Did the burn speed drop at the end of the disc?

I can’t answer for him, but I’ll say that the rise in errors at the end looks too gradual to be caused by a speed drop–there isn’t the sharp cliff-effect.

must go find it

It’s now in Ssseth’s tools sticky. :wink: gives Ssseth thanks for maintaining that collection

Bicster: Speed at the end of media was 7.8 x

Hmm, to upgrade or not to upgrade. :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll wait for some before/after 8X scans of RICOHJPNR01.

Can I use Mtkwinflash 1.53.6b to flash my 812s? I built my system without a floppy. It’s flashed to the g firmware now. Like to try the j.

Originally posted by texascbx
Can I use Mtkwinflash 1.53.6b to flash my 812s? I built my system without a floppy. It’s flashed to the g firmware now. Like to try the j.

There are two recommend Windows-based flash utilities. See the sticky lite-on tools thread. I have my drive in an external firewire enclosure, so flashing from DOS isn’t even an option. I haven’t had a single problem.

There are two recommend Windows-based flash utilities. See the sticky lite-on tools thread. I have my drive in an external firewire enclosure, so flashing from DOS isn’t even an option. I haven’t had a single problem.

As a side note, I seem to remember Dave (dhc014) saying at one point that MtkWinFlash doesn’t work well with the LiteOn DVD burners. LtnFW is definitely the recommended way to go.

Wow, code, your 700th post since 1/2004. I have some catching up to do :stuck_out_tongue:

</offtopic>