New Software

vbimport

This new sotware you’re using for the forums is terrible. I hope you decide to switch back to the old software.

The new software is not user friendly in any respect.

[QUOTE=Senor Bag;2460297]This new sotware you’re using for the forums is terrible. I hope you decide to switch back to the old software.

The new software is not user friendly in any respect.[/QUOTE]

You do know you can go to the lower left of your screen and change the settings back to v2 or earlier. This has been talked about already by the users since the change.

Hi,

look at the bottom of the forum website. There you can switch to older “CDFreaks v2.0” or “CDFreaks v1.0” style.

Michael

Edit: coolcolors was faster :slight_smile:

At the bottom left of the page you’ll find a drop down box with all the different versions of the forum you can use. You don’t have to stay with one of the MyCE versions. I’m using V2.0 at the moment.

Edit: :bigsmile: I guess we got that message across! :bigsmile:

Just like the government, everything in triplicate.

Thanks gentlemen! I switched back to v2.0 and can now find my way around again. The new version was so disorienting and so disorganized it was difficult for me to navigate. I had absolutely no idea that this topic had been discussed before because I was unable to find any of the topics in the beta version.

I really do appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction.

V2 for me as well, hate the new style

Well to each their own but do remember as with any software the old will be eventually phased out and we will have to adapt to the knew version. That just the progress of software and technology hard to accept but it doesn’t come with growing pains and getting used to the formatting.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2461036]Well to each their own but do remember as with any software the old will be eventually phased out and we will have to adapt to the knew version. That just the progress of software and technology hard to accept but it doesn’t come with growing pains and getting used to the formatting.[/QUOTE]
That’s what they said about Vista. Sorry, but I’m still using XP and I know that was the right decision.

Frankly, v 2.0 is not the best software but it’s better than the current beta. The folks that own and run the forum can do as they please. My opinion means nothing. There are other forums.

This is not a huge forum, and input from users counts for more than you might think Senor Bag.

The developers are still working on bug fixes at the moment, but they are also being inundated with input on the style of the new forums and main page. It is very much a work in progress, so don’t dismiss your individual input readily. There are threads already started in the Community Talk and Bug Reports forum if you have specific comments to add: http://club.myce.com/f20/

[QUOTE=Bjproc;2461033]V2 for me as well, hate the new style[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

Mr. Bill

[QUOTE=Senor Bag;2461061]That’s what they said about Vista. Sorry, but I’m still using XP and I know that was the right decision.

Frankly, v 2.0 is not the best software but it’s better than the current beta. The folks that own and run the forum can do as they please. My opinion means nothing. There are other forums.[/QUOTE]

Your comparing apples to orange that doesn’t go together. You can’t just go vista to xp no can do to say the least. I for one say the good one can only get better. And as for saying other forums well then if this forum isn’t to your liking then you can go to those forums no one is stopping you from leaving.

i still prefer v1 :wink: (i.e. the old stuff)

[QUOTE=NBR;2462117]i still prefer v1 :wink: (i.e. the old stuff)[/QUOTE]

With all the good things said about v 1.0, I decided to try it out. You’re right! It is better than the other versions when used on a real computer. I’m glad you guys suggested version 1.0.

The google style is good also

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2462342]The google style is good also[/QUOTE]
You’re right, I like it! Thanks for the suggestion. I’m going to have to make a decision as to which version to keep because I don’t want to accept all the cookies for the other (and less secure) versions.

[QUOTE=Senor Bag;2462494]You’re right, I like it! Thanks for the suggestion. I’m going to have to make a decision as to which version to keep because I don’t want to accept all the cookies for the other (and less secure) versions.[/QUOTE]

For the Forum parts you can set a style up ^^^ there in your ‘[U]Control Panel[/U]’. That keeps your choice set.

back to cdfreaks v2 - much better now!