New software to make real 1:1 copies?

I just posted the article New software to make real 1:1 copies?.

fUllStAh used our newssubmit to tell us about a new software called ‘The Cloner’ that is capable of making real 1:1 copies using RAW mode (like CloneCD):

The Cloner is a Cd-Replicator…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3123-New-software-to-make-real-11-copies.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3123-New-software-to-make-real-11-copies.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Are there ANY advantages over cloncd, or is this just some unwelcome competition for olli? :frowning:

Are there ANY advantages over cloncd
None that I can see. Doesn’t seem like a very good program to me but since I haven’t tried it (€28,- is too much) I can’t be 100% sure of course…

LOL :smiley: It looks like someones kid brother wrote it for a project at primary school! How on earth can they expect to compete with the likes of CloneCD?!?

This is not completely new software. Some of u remember Subsonic Reader? Then u got it!! It re-newed Subsonic and it not as good as CCD.

I beta-tested the release version of this software for the guy, and it totally messed up my computer. It’s costing $200 to repair.

What about TAGES?

umm well it looks like its a product of toys’r us ---- :slight_smile: ill try it but i dont think it stands a chance :4

anyone wanna post me link in PM so I can d/l and trial this software for myself with my Plextor. GrEeTz FrOm ThE UK! ------------------ Stupid me there is a trial version too download ? doh where me brain gone too. Wouldn’t mine the serial etc. so I can trial longer. Buring @ x2 and then x1 sucks :frowning:

CloneCD – 20 someodd days to try it out, (quoting Data from star trek, fully functional) then it dont werk. TheCloner – 2x burn for 3 times then 1x till you register. :r CloneCD - 2.84 megs. Cloner - almost 9 megs.:r gee,i wonder where ill stay… :4

I think I’ll ignore it…

Don’t bother with it. I tried it to see what it was like and the 2o minutes it took to test both my burners (which are identical) was enough for me to uninstall it.

When I installed it, it forced me to overwrite my ASPI drivers. Which is not unusual for a burning program, but now I continually get an error message telling me to reinstall my original drivers. During installation of the program it [1] tried to contact somewhere? via the internet according to Zone Alarm. [2] caused Norton AV to pop up a “script virus” alert. [3] created a directory named “si” on all my hard drives. Basically, I don’t trust it and I deleted the friggin thing.

This guy is completely taking the piss. He’s copied the description of the program word-for-word straight from the CloneCD homepage. “The Cloner 3 is a powerful CD copy program. It writes in RAW mode, allowing full control on the written data. Therefore, The Cloner 3 will produce real 1:1 copies of your CDs.” “The Cloner is a CD Replicator. It is no Mastering Software. This simplifies the usage of the program. The Cloner creates working safety backups of every PC-CD.” Sound familiar?! Check: www.elby.org/CloneCD/english/index.htm for the original, and: www.horrorsoft.com/English/What.asp www.horrorsoft.com/English/How.asp for the cheap copy. Sums up this program altogether.