New Site and Look

vbimport

Just throwing my opinion out there so take it anyway you want, but I am not too impressed with the new look. To me, it looks sort of like those non-legit search sites you go to, usually by accident from googling, just to get traffic and clicks that use a lot of tags so their site comes on top of the searches. I probably won’t be frequenting the site much as before. Matter of fact, I am seriously thinking about taking it off my bookmarks. I will say one good thing about the change. The site loads faster, for me that is. Good luck with it.

[QUOTE=shaolin007;2458059] To me, it looks sort of like those non-legit search sites you go to, usually by accident from googling, just to get traffic and clicks that use a lot of tags so their site comes on top of the searches. I probably won’t be frequenting the site much as before…[/QUOTE]

I have to agree I’m afraid. Just wasted time checking to see if my PC had been hijacked as i thought it was one of those sites aswell. Used to have it as my home page, liked the old look, understand why you want to change the name - but i think you may just have killed the site

You can go to the bottom left corner of each page and select the old style if you like it better.

I also really don´t like the new look…very messy and hard to navigate.

I was never a big fan of the older style either but as I´m used to it I will continue to use it (change to version 2 way down on the bottom left of the page)

I would suggest to the administrators that a name change was really enough for now…let the site run on v2 until the new layout has been redesigned and thoroughly tested (with the priority being simple with one click navigation and setting buttons in one place)

i dont like the look at all but i’ll still be here for sure…i need to see Dee’s reviews of drives and scans of dvd’s to keep me going :D…i think maybe a poll or a contest to vote on the new look and features would have went over much better…gradual change is ok cause u have time to get use to it but when its drastic, that nvr goes over very well

:rolleyes: Is this April? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=beef barley;2458081]:rolleyes: Is this April? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone “fooled” someone alright :rolleyes:

Version 2 activated! :smiley: :bow::bow::bow::bow: now I’m much better. thank you

[QUOTE=deanimator;2458069]I also really don´t like the new look…very messy and hard to navigate.

I was never a big fan of the older style either but as I´m used to it I will continue to use it (change to version 2 way down on the bottom left of the page)

I would suggest to the administrators that a name change was really enough for now…let the site run on v2 until the new layout has been redesigned and thoroughly tested (with the priority being simple with one click navigation and setting buttons in one place)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2458090]Version 2 activated! :smiley: :bow::bow::bow::bow: now I’m much better. thank you[/QUOTE]looks familiar and better eh? :smiley: …i cant use this place w/o it

I don’t see an option to change to V2. I have No Script, Ad Blocker, and Ghostery probably blocking most of your Ads and tracking stuff so it probably got blocked, I guess.

temporarily disable adblock and noscript when your in here then enable that option…or you can go into control panel/edit options…go to cdfreaks 2.0 and save…done :slight_smile:

try it with another browser also…should see it

Actually the new look is not that bad, still a lot of the functionality is not finished yet ( at least I hope they are not done ) so that makes it a rough sale.

This is the new look of most sites and I can see why they would want to look the same instead of different.

One of the first things is to put the “Top” link back on the bottom, this really drives people nuts to have to scroll all the way back up. :iagree:

[U]Basic web design stuff[/U] is all.

I have been through more changes and upgrades than I care to say or think about and believe me it could be worse. :iagree:

As far as leaving a site because you don’t like the look well My opinion is that you will be losing more than the site will.

Unless they get stupid and throw the good people off there is still a lot of knowledge here.

I don’t like the new color or layout. Listing the sub forums vertically takes up too much and it is hard to see the forums at a glance. And in the forums with the topic/response heading listed across the top take up a lot of room also. I hope the CD Freaks colors/layouts never go away.

I think some patience wouldn’t do any harm.
The developers are putting in long hours to get everything moved to the new domain, and get everything working again, and adding a whole load of new functionality to the site.

i think this quote from the top of the site, gives some insight to the scale of the task.

Listen up, we’ve got more. Product information on [B]102,494 products[/B]. Our experts have written [B]516 articles[/B]. We’ve gathered [B]16,021 news items[/B] for you to always keep updated.

The login panel hides behind an advert when using IE6.

I think the new layout is vere nice and much better then the old cdfreaks one. Finally some real changes on this website. I also noticed the huge amount of new products that were added to the system.
The site looks much cleaner and, as has been said before, loads MUCH faster.
Congrats to the team and I will be visiting more often from now on.

Hope to see some new great features in the upcoming months.

Totally agree with WouterN. Love the speed, and the clean looks of the new version!

[QUOTE=Nosmartz;2458126]temporarily disable adblock and noscript when your in here then enable that option…or you can go into control panel/edit options…go to cdfreaks 2.0 and save…done :slight_smile:

try it with another browser also…should see it

I bet shaolin007 is an above average cookie & TIF eraser like me.It looks like he even blocks them better than I do in the first place.
I have always had to navigate to the Lower left dropdown each time .So I’m used to doing that.So overall I’m not having any problems.As I posted before a larger easier to see & find login button would be convenient .
Although I’m not having any trouble finding the litter sucker.
So the change doesn’t bother me but very little.So I will be using the site regularly.I still like the old name best though.
I feel a little funny being a mouse amoung the rest of the mice or did I spell that corrrectly MyCE.

all mine get erased when i exit ff so i nvr worry about cookies or login…i just use “inform enter” with FF and dont auto login on anything or save any info

i notice newer or users who dont post as much like the look but the older users who’ve been around the block don’t seem to go for it…i guess trying to appeal to a newer crowd/generation of future registrees is the most important thing…or who owns the site :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bean55;2458152] …As far as leaving a site because you don’t like the look well My opinion is that you will be losing more than the site will…

.[/QUOTE]

Not really. . . . @cholla and Nosmartz . . The plugins do their job. I just sit back and let them work, which they do very well at blocking ads, scripts, trackers, and other stuff that I don’t want to have access or look at. Once I close out Firefox, I got it deleting just about everything upon close. About the only thing I keep is browsing history.