Hello! I just bought an SH-182M, and it’s not recognizing many discs. I’ve played with it, and I think theres about a 99% chance that I’ll have to send it back. But thats a pain, so thought I’d check to see if theres anything else I should check first.
Discs I’ve tried so far:
- 3 commercial DVDs, not recognized
- 3 commercial CDs, recognized and worked fine
- 1 blank CDR, recognized, but didnt try burning
- 1 burned CD, not recognized
- Deleting the drive and letting Windows find it again
- Setting a DVD region
- Using the SB03 firmware released today
- Installing latest MB chipset drivers
Windows doesnt seem to think that there is any media in the drive when the disc isnt recognized. But when I flash the firmware, the firmware utility knew there was a disc in there and made me remove it.
I played with DvdInfoPro a bit. I ran the speed test on a couple CDs it recognized, and it either didnt work or stopped after getting too many errors. Windows copied all files from the cds just fine, although with one I had to reinsert it after DVDInfo choked.
Anything else to try? I might put it in another computer to see what it thinks.