New safedisc2

vbimport

I have heard that the new safedisk 2 version (used in Black & White) gives problem to the Philips based burners too. Is it true? Thanks to all

It’s SafeDisc 2, but I believe this protection can be adjusted for each game by the game developpers. Don’t know of any Philips burners giving problems with B&W.

Burnt it no worries with my Zip 650.
I usually use the optimise laser on
Dont know if this does anything???

You mean laser calibration?
I dont think it does any large diferens.

Laser Calibration is pretty useless:

Perform Laser Power Calibration - If this box is checked, an optimum laser power calibration will be performed before the write operation is started. Usually the writer will do this automatically. This option is useful, if you wish to check, if the inserted media is capable of the selected write speed (e.g., 12x speed on uncertified media). The calibration will not be done, if an erasable Media is inserted, or Write Simulation is enabled.

The Zip650 can indeed do a perfect backup of SafeDisc 2 and therefore B&W is no problem. I’m working on a complete SafeDisc 2 list so if anyone has info on this, please mail me at gamefreak@cdfreaks.com

Thanks

Just upgraded my cdrom to a SDM1502 Tosh DVD
16*48
Cant load SD2 games…ie Black and white

Any known probs with this drive???

Firmware 1012 updated today.

Clone forum recommended it as a good clone
dvd drive

HELP!!!

Originally posted by gwoolie
Just upgraded my cdrom to a SDM1502 Tosh DVD
16*48
Cant load SD2 games…ie Black and white

If the back-up was created with a drive that doesn’t support SD2, the back-up will never work in any drive, whether this is a CD-ROM or a DVD-ROM. The back-up must be correctly burned in order to play it :slight_smile:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]

If the back-up was created with a drive that doesn’t support SD2, the back-up will never work in any drive, whether this is a CD-ROM or a DVD-ROM. The back-up must be correctly burned in order to play it :slight_smile: [/B]

Do you mean it cant be read or it cant be played? Thats 2 different things

It can’t be played. The reading should be ok as long as the writing was done succesfully.

The Copies of B&W and Hitman, are good as I am
lucky enough to be able to burn anything I want
inc any SD2 games. Got more than 1 burner of
which 1 is an Iomega 650 CDRW.
The backups sometimes work and sometimes dont.
The original Hitman I have wont work either!

And other dics’s like DVD? The original should work fine in any CD-ROM… but I’m not sure on this. How about other original games? Do they work properly?

Is there any saite that can crack the cd before i burn it?
Not when i’ve already installed it but befor i burned it?

Cracks usually are applied after installing the game. You can get tham @ www.gamecopyworld.com but you probably already knew this. You can try PlayBack which modifies the CCD image before burning so later on the SD2 protection can be emulated. You can find PlayBack @ www.cdrinfo.com (use the search function).

I’ve made a working copy of Black & White with a PX-W8432T (1.07) using the following settings for SD2:

• Read Speed (4x) [Tried at 8x first but only the writer could read the copy properly]
  • Fast Error Skip (Enabled)
  • Read Retries (3)
  • Error Correction (None)
    – Resting Options Disabled

Even my reader LG-CRD 8522B (1.02), that really sucks, could handle the copy w/o problems.

I’ve added that burner to the SafeDisc 2 List. Thanks for the info!

“De nada” :wink: Was a pleasure