New router allows wireless charging of multiple devices up to 6 metres away

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: New router allows wireless charging of multiple devices up to 6 metres away[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/01/myce-energy-router-95x75.jpeg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/new-router-allows-wireless-charging-of-multiple-devices-up-to-6-metres-away-74157/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I wonder if the 70% efficiency is at 6 meters or close to the unit. If it is at 6 meters then that is quite impressive.

I wonder how it targets the signal at the device to produce that efficiency. 2.45GHz is at the upper end of Wi-Fi (channel 8 / 9), so if they can do this for wireless charging, in theory it could be done for Wi-Fi signals also, so multiple devices can operate without sharing the bandwidth as each would have its own RF beam.

On the other hand, the 70% efficiency does make me wonder where the losses are. For example, if this is due to 30% of the energy flying past the device, I don’t think I would want to be holding it up to my ear, considering microwave ovens also operate at 2.45GHz. :eek:

Tesla lives…

[QUOTE=Seán;2744750]For example, if this is due to 30% of the energy flying past the device, I don’t think I would want to be holding it up to my ear, considering microwave ovens also operate at 2.45GHz. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I’m a bit wary of the whole concept of wireless charging…:bigsmile:

Does that include Pacemakers???

Maybe it can heat your tv-dinner while charging your phone?

If higher power versions are made available such as for charging laptops, it would not surprise me if they could be hacked into sending energy to keep food warm on a table, assuming the beam direction can be accurately aimed without being able to “lock” on to a target that doesn’t reply.

Then again, such a device would be a disaster if it’s maliciously hacked, where sending beams of energy at random directions would potentially fry non-compatible electronics or even start fires.

[QUOTE=Seán;2744824]Then again, such a device would be a disaster if it’s maliciously hacked, where sending beams of energy at random directions would potentially fry non-compatible electronics or even start fires.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!:iagree:
For every normal use,there’s also an ABUSE opportunity…:bigsmile:

I think this story is amazing!

I wonder what it does to your brain though. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2744873]I wonder what it does to your brain though. :bigsmile:
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Wombler , Maybe you can be the first to try it . :wink:
But I doubt it .
Just hold your cell on the opposite side of your head with the wireless charger on the other side.

I liked olyteddy’s Tesla comment.
For those that don’t know Tesla proposed wireless transmission of “High Voltage” current across distances . He said he had this worked out.
Also he was supposed to have a “Death Ray” built on the same principal for shooting down enemy air craft .
If you have heard about the USS Eldridge of the movie Philadelphia Experiment & disclaimed by the US Navy . Tesla coils were supposedly what were used in the experiment.

[QUOTE=cholla;2744889]Hey Wombler , Maybe you can be the first to try it . :wink:
But I doubt it .
Just hold your cell on the opposite side of your head with the wireless charger on the other side.

I liked olyteddy’s Tesla comment.
For those that don’t know Tesla proposed wireless transmission of “High Voltage” current across distances . He said he had this worked out.
Also he was supposed to have a “Death Ray” built on the same principal for shooting down enemy air craft .
If you have heard about the USS Eldridge of the movie Philadelphia Experiment & disclaimed by the US Navy . Tesla coils were supposedly what were used in the experiment.[/QUOTE]

I think I’ve had my brain fried enough recently. :bigsmile:

I’ve heard the Tesla story before and about USS Eldridge. Good stories but I think they’re stretching the truth more than a bit. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]