New releases

vbimport

Im reading about lot of new releases in lg nec plextor,… my question is, is benq releasing a new model near in time? or as long as u consider benq only toghether with phillips cooperation agreement we must take new phillip model as the only thing benq will offer now?

There will be one with RAM writing support i heard.

You may not see a new model until the technology is developed to START a burn at 12x and give us 3 minute burns. Until then, I’m sure we’ll see a few more 1600 series arrive on the market. My guess is 1640 Pro! Oh boy! (finally available in chrome) :wink:
And the new firmware will be selectively “compromised” to include DVD ram compatibility. Oh well.

I remember a while back their being a few nuggets of info floating around about possible new drives but I’m not sure it still applies anymore because obviously things changed.

At this CDR-Info link their was news of BenQ’s forthcoming drives.

• BenQ DW1600, 16X DVD+R, 2.4X DVD+R DL, no DVD-R writing
  • BenQ DW1620, 16X DVD+R, 2.4X DVD+R DL, 8X DVD-R
  • BenQ DW1630, coming around October, 16X DVD±R, 8X DVD±RW, 4X DVD+R DL
  • BenQ DW1650, same specs as DW1630A but with SerialATA interface

Now the 1620 became the 1620 Pro so the specs of the 1620 and 1630 merged, a Serial-ATA interface version if still on the cards would be nice though I hope they don’t just do what some of the others have done and stick an off the shelf PATA->SATA converter to the back of the drive inside the casing.

Some info from BenQ themselves was posted in this thread and it seems a 1640 was planned for the end of November which of course didn’t happen still a 5x DVD+R DL, 8x DVD+/-RW and a SATA drive would peak my interest…