New Release of AnyDVD may solve Problems

I have ben using AnyDVD for over 6 months now without ANY problems and during the last software release in August. After the latest update the DVDs that I have been backing up start freezing about 1/3 of the way through while watching them on my home DVD player and will not play. This happened when I burned The Sheild - First Season, The Kentucky Fried Movie, V for Vendetta, Silent Hill, The Wire - Season 1, Poseidon, Inside Man, Scary Movie 4, RV, Scary Movie 2, From the Earth to the Moon, and Larry The Cable Guy-Health Inspector. This really sucks because I have already wasted at least 10 discs now that will not play.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? My DVD drives are:

Sony DVD Rom DDU1615 FS1
Sony DVD RW DW-26AJYS2

I am running ANYDVD 6.0.5.0 and Elby CloneDVD2 2.9.0.1.

I have ben using AnyDVD for over 6 months now without ANY problems (I have successfully burned over 200 movies) and during the last software release in August I started having problems with movies freezing up while I am watching them. After the latest update the DVDs that I have been backing up start freezing about 1/4 of the way through the movie while watching them on my home DVD player and they will not play. This happened when I burned The Sheild - First Season, The Kentucky Fried Movie, V for Vendetta, Silent Hill, The Wire - Season 1, Poseidon, Inside Man, Scary Movie 4, RV, Scary Movie 2, From the Earth to the Moon, and Larry The Cable Guy-Health Inspector. This really sucks because I have already wasted at least 10 discs now that will not play.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? My DVD drives are:

Sony DVD Rom DDU1615 FS1
Sony DVD RW DW-26AJYS2

I am running ANYDVD 6.0.5.0 and Elby CloneDVD2 2.9.0.1.

I think it is more likely to be the disks than the program. If it is software related it would have to be clonedvd2, and not anydvd.

for some odd reason i had a few problems with anydvd’s last update.it stated my 21 day trial had expired.hmmmm i have a key.why would it expire? after installing it about 15 times then it accepted my key.weird.first time for me.i would try cleaning the burner or updating your firmware.good luck!

I would suspect a media issue more than an AnyDVD issue as I have backed up some of those movies without even thinking about it. All played perfectly fine. Did you switch media recently? What type of discs are you burning to?

Hmm, a double post. I answered this in your other thread, but, I agree, it’s more likely a media issue. Don’t double post, though, it makes providing help confusing.

How fast are you burning at also? Remember to read the Golden Rules of Burning.

I did switch to DVD+R 16x discs from Imitation. Why? Are they crappy discs?

I would say 99% certain that the media is your problem in this case. Try to pick up some Verbatim and see if that helps.

I have the same problem. It is Anydvd. When the discs are played in a set top dvd they stutter and pause or even quit playing altogether but, when played in a computer dvd rom they play well.

What version do you actually have there was an update today newest version is 6.0.5.1.

Yup, HAS to be an AnyDVD problem. Couldn’t POSSIBLY be media related…sigh.

Yea I see the posts now SamuriHL LOL sorry I need to read more…LOL:D…Yes if you use anything besides MJ’s , Verbatims’, or TY’s then it is always going to be a media problem or a firmware problem. If anydvd is the problem then we would all have the same problem. The problems don’t just pick users by random.

This is the most common symptoms of poor media and/or movies being burned at too high a burn speed.

Dr, my response wasn’t directed at you. I just hate it when people say “it must be anydvd” in reponse to problems they’re having. The evidence doesn’t back it up in the least, but, that’s the reponse anyway. I love the ones that are “the ONLY thing that changed was I updated AnyDVD to the latest.” Then after a dozen posts “oh, well, except I did just buy a completely different brand of media that was on sale at the flea market sold to me by a guy named Guido.” :smiley:

I know I was agreeing with your post as you pointed out that it seems to be a media issue…I was dumb and failed to read through the posts…:smiley:

@ Razorwindmo46,

Would you kindly explain why you believe your “stutter and pause or even quit playing altogether” problem is caused by the AnyDVD software program? I believe you would be surprised to learn that the AnyDVD software program doesn’t even contain a CD/DVD Burning Engine.

Suggest viewing the below Web Link which provides detailed information on DVD Media.

I am confident after reviewing the above Web Link that you will find that the blank DVD Media MID you are using is listed on the less than 1st Class Media List meaning that your “stutter and pause or even quit playing altogether” problem is related to the use of poor quality blank DVD Media and not the AnyDVD software program.

Best Regards,
bjkg

@ Murder show: First of all welcome to the forum, as you are new I would advise you to read the rules on crossposting. I have merged your crossposted threads and have changed the title of the thread. Please read the forum rules. Crossposting will not be tolerated. Try the new release of AnyDVD 6.0.5.1 as suggested.

Sony DVD RW DW-26A JYS2

crossflash over to codeguys
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html#SOHW-1693S
• KS0B - patched - crossflashing (for 1673S, etc.)
burn at 8x

sigh!!!
that crappy anydvd!!! :sad:
my wonderful media!
Ty and verb all sux!!!
Sighh!!!
:doh: