New PX-708A issues

vbimport

Glad I finally found a Plextor forum!

Hoping you guys might be able to point me in the right direction. I’ve owned this drive for about two weeks and have made many successful backups of my DVD’s.

However, today I went out and purchased both the Indiana Jones and Star Wars Trilogy sets and thought I’d watch them on my PC.

Two of the Star Wars discs aren’t even recognized (Iv & VI) and the first disc of Indy isn’t recognized either.

Am I to assume their is new mastering technology out there that the Plex 708A just can’t read? If they work in my standalone DVD player (about 3 years old) then I have trouble understanding why they won’t work in this brand new DVD drive.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Newt

I’ve heard other people on the VideoHelp.com forums having problems with the Star Wars set. You may want to check around there.

I’ve heard other people on the VideoHelp.com forums having problems with the Star Wars set. You may want to check around there.

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=238295

I haven’t had a problem ripping the Star Wars set. I don’t use my 708A to rip dvd files. I use my Toshiba dvd-roms for that.

Thanks for the suggestions…so far the threads on videohelp are only making me jealous. My drive acts like the dang SW discs aren’t even there. No excuse for this…sending this drive back

You just got it 2 weeks ago? Why don’t you exchange with 712A instead? It’s much faster, and still $30 rebate in some stores, until 9/30 (in the US).