New PSU problems

vbimport

After having problems with my old PSU i decided to get a new one along with a new mobo. Once i installed new items the system was working perfectly fine. 2 weeks later after working perfectly fine until last night, i can’t get the PC to turn on today. No reaction is received from anyrhing on the system. No lights coming on, no movement from any of the fans or sounds. The only thing that is working is the light from the ethernet port. Hoping that the PSU hasn’t gone already as only 2 weeks old. Any suggestions please.

Win XP SP2, Optronix OP-LMV800-ALV AGP mobo, 500W SumEvisioN switching PSU (+12V - 20A)

[QUOTE=dazzab80;2035750]After having problems with my old PSU i decided to get a new one along with a new mobo. Once i installed new items the system was working perfectly fine. 2 weeks later after working perfectly fine until last night, i can’t get the PC to turn on today. No reaction is received from anyrhing on the system. No lights coming on, no movement from any of the fans or sounds. The only thing that is working is the light from the ethernet port. Hoping that the PSU hasn’t gone already as only 2 weeks old. Any suggestions please.

Win XP SP2, Optronix OP-LMV800-ALV AGP mobo, 500W SumEvisioN switching PSU (+12V - 20A)[/QUOTE]

What kinda surge protector are you using?? Have you contact the manufactor or seller you bought the PS from? How much did you pay for the PS supply?? Did you make sure all your PS connections are firm and not loose and your connectors from power to the hardware is properly seated? What other hardware do you have inside your case??

leaving this post, deleting duplicate

SumEvisioN seems to be very low quality. If you can try swapping that power supply with another computer to see if it works, also if you PC is very old then its possible but rare that the on/off switch on your case is faulty.

dazzab80

I just had the same problem, it was the PSU on mine.did not make it 3 weeks and I had to replace it.I usually buy the case and PSU seperate but it was such a good deal I went for this time.Won’t do that again.

bean55

If your power supply needs are modest here is an excellent deal on a very good power supply at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371005 With free shipping and the rebate it has a final cost of $35. This deal probably won’t be up much longer so strike fast if you want it. I have one and it works well and is very quiet.

you can unplug the psu from everything and short the power on connection with a paperclip to see if the psu spins up.

or you could get a cheap power supply tester and make sure that it is putting out the right power on the right rails.