New PS3 revealed!

vbimport

At a press conference held in Los Angeles Sony Computer Entertainment revealed the outline of its PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) computer entertainment system, incorporating the world’s most advanced Cell processor with super computer like power: The PS3 will be fully “backward compatible,” playing all existing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games. It will come equipped with a Blu-Ray DVD drive and support the sharpest format for HDTV, 1080p. The PS3 is due for launch in the spring of 2006.

The complete coverage can be found on Joystiq, AnandTech, PS3.IGN (+ first shots of the controller), GameSpot.

source : http://www.ggmania.com/

Cool! :iagree:

Have to agree with this…

Looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

dodges the flaming rocks :slight_smile:

ITs ugly

The controller looks like a banana/boomerang

and the font on the console is too spiderman-ish

Its ugly as hell. Although Mr.Brownstone has found better usage for it!

Nice looking unit but obviously worst controller EVER. Surely they cant be shipping it with that one. I have seen and tried controllers that looked like that before and they were utterly horrible. Now I will go off and start a thread were we can fight over which one is best :stuck_out_tongue:

I can only hope that the Nintendo Revolution won’t be as ugly as the 360 (360s not that bad, but I still don’t like it) or the PS3… I heard it’ll only be as thick as 3 cd cases :eek: WOW

nintendo is very nice indeed :bow::bow::bow:

I was just gonna say that :frowning:

I just want the Blu-ray drive inside PS3.

Hmm okay the design isn’t really what I prefer either, but I guess it’ll have to do. From the 3 next-gen consoles I like the design of the Nintendo Revolution best.

I really wonder how this Cell CPU will perform. Same goes for the XBOX360/NRevolution hardware btw.

I just wish they made 42cm housings for consoles so that they could be put on the AV devices stack…