New protection>? on DVD's

vbimport

I have been transferring dvd’s on to me HD as vob files too burn back later. Something very strange has happened and I need a quick answer as I have too drop a dvd off in a few hours.

I have checked all me existing films and checked each vob file with powerdvd and the sound was there. Since I ripped XXX , New Best Friend and H/Resur, there is only sound in the 1st vob file, the other vob files have video only but are still 0.99gig in size. I thought I would try an older film called Jumanji and I get no sound from any vob file. I am using Smartripper 2.41 and have tried DVD Decrypter 3.1.5.0, and have never had this problem before. Any idea whats gone wrong? :confused:

Greetz The Diplomat:D

it because the auido stream mapping will not have a 0x80 soundtrack

when you play a VOB by itself using PowerDVD it defaults and
tries to play 0x80

try playing the ripped DVD using the IFO and then play the bits that don’t have sound and it will work :slight_smile:

Originally posted by MackemX
[B]it because the auido stream mapping will not have a 0x80 soundtrack

when you play a VOB by itself using PowerDVD it defaults and
tries to play 0x80

try playing the ripped DVD using the IFO and then play the bits that don’t have sound and it will work :slight_smile: [/B]

Ahh but why has this problem started now with these 3 films as in only getting sound from the 1st vob file 5.1 when you run it. The rest of the vob files belonging too the film are video only. I have another 18 films on me hd and all the vobs contain sound:confused:

I am converting to divx using superdvd ripper 1.90.

Now If I rip the movie as one big vob file of say 3.6gig the sound plays through out, but then u have no ifo file(but you can create one with ifoedit095) :(. The only thing different is my soundcard drivers, so I am d/l the previous one’s.

Had a good chat with mate about all this and they have been implementing some kind of new protection, as he has had the same probs as me on the later releases :eek: But we will figure it out.