New problem with multisession DVDs

Hello,

I just came across this forum while trying to find answers to a problem that I’ve been having just recently… and I was hoping someone could help find a solution to it. I wasn’t sure which forum to post this in… I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question.

For years I’ve been burning multi-session data DVDs with no problem. But over the past several weeks this has been happening:

I’ll insert a blank DVD into my drive… I’ll add some video files to the burning program (making sure ‘multisession’ is always checked] and burn them to the disc. The burn always seems successful and I never see any error prompts. Both Windows and my TV’s DVD player can see the video files and play them with no problem.

However… when I try to add more video files to the disc. The burning program shows the disc as being empty and will not allow me to add any more files to it. But if I hit ‘disc info’ on the program… it will show that there is a previous session on the disc.

I thought maybe it was a problem with the program I use, Nero 6 (which I’ve been using to burn multisession data DVDs for years with no problems). But I tried some other DVD burning programs… and the same problem occurs.

I can’t for the life of me figure out what could be going on. The DVD drive works flawlessly otherwise… I burn audio CDs, data CDs, DVD movies and data DVDs. The only problem I have is when I try to burn a multisession DVDs… something I’ve done successfully for years.

Does anyone know what cold be going on?

Could your burner be closing (finalising) the disc?

[QUOTE=philamber;2571212]Could your burner be closing (finalising) the disc?[/QUOTE]

Well I always make sure the ‘multisession’ option is checked on the burner programs I use. And upon checking the log… it shows the multisession was on.

I just don’t understand what’s going on. What used to be so simple is totally confusing now.

Multisession on DVD is just asking for trouble.