New Plextor 40/12/40S

I was wondering why would Plextor release a 40x SCSI burner, when they have already released a 48x IDE? That doesn’t make any sense to me at all, unless SCSI has some sort of data transfer restrictions coming from the burner’s interface, but I highly doubt that is the case. I mean thats one of the reasons why SCSI was originally supposed to be prefered over IDE, because SCSI allowed faster data transfer rates, and at the same time was very easy on the CPU… And why would they use only 12x rewrite? Looks like Plextor is downgrading…not improving on existing products…Thoughts and input are highly welcomed on this topic :smiley:

I am currently using a Plextor 12432TS 12x4x32 SCSI burner, and have been for about 3 years now. I love this drive…has worked great and very reliably. I was very excited to hear about Plextor announcing that a new SCSI drive would be released, but I kinda was shocked when I saw the specs.

I do not see the problem !!
IDE and SCSI , this days its like flavors of ice cream …

I wouldn’t care about 40x or 48x CD-R, but I would expect P-CAV writing and 24x CD-RW for a new drive!