New plextools upgrade 1.21

vbimport

so what new improvements have been made in the last couple of weeks for plextools to add??

Anyone know?? :confused:

Originally posted by joelmon
so what new improvements have been made in the last couple of weeks for plextools to add?
Didn’t notice anything special. So far.

According to Plextor it sounds like this >

PlexTools V1.21 released on 1 April 2003 
Bug Fix: Many improvements

BIG question:

Did they add the C1/C2, Jitter/BETA test in the new plextools???

I don’t think so idiot@ace since Plextor will probably not implement these features until the PREMIUM drive has been released. I haven’t seen any signs of these new tests in v1.21 so far so I think you’ll have to be patient…

Originally posted by idiot@ace
BIG question:

Did they add the C1/C2, Jitter/BETA test in the new plextools???
No, otherwise it would have drawn a lot of attention.

I assume the new PlexTools will become available with the new Plextor Premium’s release.

I wish Plextor said a little more in their change-logs… ugh.

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]No, otherwise it would have drawn a lot of attention.

I assume the new PlexTools will become available with the new Plextor Premium’s release. [/B]

Thats only about a week away…
And the local distributors should have gotten the drives already… (at least my local area distributors have them in hands already) So i was wondering if Plextor would realese the software at the same time…

Maybe the option becomes visible only if a Plextor Premium is found

Originally posted by alexnoe
Maybe the option becomes visible only if a Plextor Premium is found
Have they stated that these features will only available with the Premium drive?

Originally posted by Hemispasm
Have they stated that these features will only available with the Premium drive?

No, on the contrary, they stated that some of the features will be aviliable on previous models…
And thats why i asked…

Maybe the older models will need a firmware upgrade first :confused:

Originally posted by alexnoe
Maybe the older models will need a firmware upgrade first :confused:
Well probably, or maybe it has already been implemented with the latest so far. The 1.05 update for the 4012A model seemed to add a lot new features, didnt it?

Hi,

diging with some hexa-tools into the exe, I can’t find any hint of C1 C2 Jitter Beta Premium and so on …

As always, new plextools versions matching new features offered by new models arises only when drives itself are made available, and those new plextools are not available immediatly, mainly (I guess) because plextools shipped with drive are full versions, whereas downloadable versions are update only.

MiRV

Originally posted by BoSkin
No, otherwise it would have drawn a lot of attention.

I assume the new PlexTools will become available with the new Plextor Premium’s release.
Well, looks like I was right about it. :smiley:

PlexWriter Premium

Brussels, April 2003

Plextor launches Premium 52x CD-RW

Internal Retail package contents:
PlexWriter Premium
1 CD-R disk ; 1 CD-R/W disk
Plextor utility software (Plextools Professional)
CD-Recording software Nero+InCD
16-language manual

And what is Plextools profesional???/gs

Hum

IMHO 1: “Professional” must be a special line of Plextools suited for the Premium burners.
IMHO 2: this reinforces the idea that the Premium advanced features will ever be available via firmware upgrade on the previous models !
IMHO 3: those adv features require some new hardware design opening the gate to some speculations.

As all of you, I’m eager to see what lies beneath :wink: !
Anyway, “Premiums” hit the stores soon: we’ll see :cool:

MiRV

Can someone confirm this “must be”??,PLEASE?/gs

Originally posted by gene_simmons
Can someone confirm this “must be”??,PLEASE?/gs
What kind of confirmation do you need, gs ? :confused:

PlexWriter Premium includes PlexTools® Professional software to enable a unique combination of user-controllable recording features, including:

SecuRecâ„¢ offers password protection for discs

GigaRecâ„¢ allows high capacity storage up to 1 GB on a 700 MB disc

Q-Checkâ„¢ checks and graphs the results of written disc quality - C1/C2 errors, track and focus errors, and beta/jitter errors

Silent Modeâ„¢ enables users to vary tray load/unload speed, spin up/down speed and write/read speeds.

PoweRecâ„¢ allows for superior quality and stable recording at maximum speed.

VariRecâ„¢ allows adjustment of the laser power to produce the highest quality audio recording possible

“The new PlexWriter Premium gives our customers an unparalleled level of granular control over the CD-recording process,” said Howard Wing, vice president of sales and marketing for Plextor. “SecuRec, for instance, was specifically designed to respond to the needs of financial, legal, security, and government institutions who can’t afford to have their data compromised. This user-controllable feature was developed by Plextor when customers expressed interest in creating CDs that can be read only with some form of security intervention.”

Haven’t you seen it yet ?

@ BoSkin and everybody else,I´m so sorry!Is there anyone who can recommend a good eye doctor?My glasses seem to have broken or something?!/gs

Here you go:

:slight_smile: