New planned / wanted features dvd2one

On several places in this forum I see postings like ‘it would be nice if DVD2ONE could…’

Let’s start posting our wishes here… and maybe Rene can post DVD2ONE (near) future-features?

My wish: to select ONE subtitle-language and audio-steam in full-disk mode in order to save space / increase image quality (in case of DVD-9)

How about:
Opening the program just opens it (no extra Enter step)…
and, maybe no extra Next button once Language is identified just once?

These are very do-able…

and maybe a ‘latest version check’ ?

Against the requests above, I’d still prefer DVD2One to be able to select the individual languages - i.e. more than one as desired - but more important, fit multiple DVDs onto one DVD+R(W); I have quite a few DVDs which only have 2GB of Video on them (TV Series) and would like to combine 2 or 3 to one DVD…

How about a feature to process a simple mpg file ?

Im thinking - I do alot of capturing and sometimes a simple fast transcoding of a file that got just a bit to big would be nice :slight_smile:

• great would be a possibility to see the size of extras, subtitles, audio etc

• maybe interesting to be able to split a DVD-9 to two seperate DVD±R(W)s instead of doing a full disk copy (to one disk) with loss of quality?

Originally posted by loggy
[B]How about:
Opening the program just opens it (no extra Enter step)…
and, maybe no extra Next button once Language is identified just once?

These are very do-able… [/B]

Oh yes, I would like that very much. Kinda gets on your nerves everytime you start the prog having to click next all the time. :wink:

simple wish: remaining time to be shown on the tab in the task bar

My wishes:
-To be able to transcode multiple titles at once to different directorys (i.e. for episode disks). Or, better yet, the ability to process episode disks directly (without the need for VOB/IFOedit).

-A more flexible method of choosing menu options etc. In other words, instead of just being able to do “movie-only” OR “1:1”, it would be nice to be able to keep the main menu to select chapter points but remove menu options for different titles/languages/subtitles etc.

I would like to be able to choose different quality for the movie and the extras in full disk copy, maybe a slider.

Also it would be nice if you could leave out some extras that you don’t want.

Best Regards.

Barry :slight_smile:

I am getting curious to what Rene’s thoughts on this?

Originally posted by peterp
I am getting curious to what Rene’s thoughts on this?

Me too…I should think the next release might carry at least one less button-click to get into selections [open the program].

…maybe more who find this bothersome should post same?..

:bigsmile:
i like it the way its is i just want 2 be albe 2 select witch extras u want 2 keep and witch 2 get rid of
then it would be perfect

Originally posted by BarryHL
[B]I would like to be able to choose different quality for the movie and the extras in full disk copy, maybe a slider.

Also it would be nice if you could leave out some extras that you don’t want.

Best Regards.

Barry :slight_smile: [/B]

Yes i think this would be a great option for a near future release

Let me tell you the way we work :

We think about a feature, then discuss what would be needed to build such a feature by dividing it into smaller parts.
We build these parts piece by piece and inbetween release versions of what we think could be handy at this moment.

In this way we hit twice in a single strike, namely YOU as the users get a updated version who can do more then previous version and contained a feature. We as developers get a good view if the new feature is working properly.

So for example the selectable output size was needed for the 1:1 copy. The 1:1 copy was needed for a version with selectable audiostreams.

Yes we do read these threads, and yes we keep in mind what you, our customers want. BUT we are the only ones deciding what gets in and when and how. This does not mean we do not appriciate your input not at all. But something may sound easy on the outside but on the inside may be complexer then it really is.

which probably is the case with ‘leave out some extras that you don’t want.’ I guess…?

I started this thread in order to gather in a central place wishes that DVD2ONE-users have. It’s up to you ofcourse to do something with it, when to do this or not do something with it at all. But there might be some interesting features coming up this way, that you might not have thought of before.

The biggest challenge (as programmers) is to find smart solutions for (technological) difficult demands… but you know all of that

At this moment I am very happy with DVD2ONE so far, let that be clear. keep up the good work…
:):cool:

Hi Erwin,René and all,

I’m very happy with program as it is, been using it from V1.0.0 and even tried a 1:1 copy with the latest release on one of my originals (The Office) containing episodes: it did the job and overall quality is fine. Nevertheless, I didn’t purchase DVD2One for this purpose.

I’m using DVD2One most of the time to create movie-only backups for my 4-year old son: works perfectly, he only has to insert the “backup” and press on the play button on the SA. His english isn’t yet up to reading level to navigate through all the DVD-menu’s … :wink:

One small request however, what I would like to see is a “progress-indicator” (i.e. percentage) when you minimize DVD2One to the taskbar (as used by Nero).

Even on my P4 2.5 running XP-Pro with 512MB and 140 GB storage, switching between tasks takes some (too much) time when DVD2One is running. I understand that DVD2One really stresses you HD subsystem, the amazing speed needs appropriate resources … Having the “progress” indicated in the taskbar would help me on having to switch tasks to check the status of DVD2One …

Just some food for thought …

Keep up the good work,

Marcher

groetjes van een Zuider-buur…

Hi all,

oops, didn’t saw the post from Jerome … identical to my previous request …

Marcher

I am also curious if there are (even further) improvements to be expected in compression-ratio / image-quality?

Is it realistic to expect a complete DVD-9 (long movie incl menus extras ect) to fit on a single DVD±R(W) in the (near) future without noticable loss in image-quality?

(with audio ‘we’ reached a lot since mp3)

Originally posted by peterp

• maybe interesting to be able to split a DVD-9 to two seperate DVD±R(W)s instead of doing a full disk copy (to one disk) with loss of quality? [/B]

I agree. I’d like to 1:1 copy some multi-episode DVD-9’s I have to DVD-R’s.

One interesting way to do this - even if it is a lot of steps - would be to use DVD2One to strip out each episode into a separate subdirectory. Later, after everything had been stripped out, you could re-combine just the sections in each of the subdirectories together onto a single DVD. (well, it would work better for me than what I have to do now!)

Pat