NEW! PIONEER DVR-107D/A07 v1.10 OFFICIAL FIRMWARE RELEASED!

vbimport

#1

Hi everybody, Pioneer has released a new OFFICIAL firmware for its DVR-107/A07 writer. It is version 1.10.
Here is the link:

http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/download.jsp?dir=/files/support/dvrup&filename=R107D_FW110.EXE :iagree:

Or here:

http://flashman.rpc-1.com/Firmware/PIONEER/DVR-107D/OFFICIAL/ :iagree:


#2

Still not writing at 8x with ritek r03 and aml 002 8x DVD+R media :a


#3

Slightly better burns now on RICOHJPNR01 (at least I got an error free burn this time).

Big improvement on PO numbers from what I can see with 1.10


#4

Hi OC Freak, which version of the firmware are you using for your next to come review? 1.09 or 1.10?


#5

Most tests will be with firmware 1.10.


#6

And when is it planned to come online (your review)??


#7

When it’s ready :wink:

I’m very busy with personal stuff nowadays - which leaves less time for reviewing.

Best guess will be “late next week” = 7-10 days from now…


#8

thx for the heads up titi :cool:

btw how does the guy at flashman.rpc-1.com extracts the firmware to DVRFlash format?


#9

easy :wink:

The official one contains them.

When you start the download exe file they are at default extracted to c:/DVR10xD/FW1xx (where the “x” means your drive type and the actual firmware version.)

The files is in this folder along with pioneers official updater, all he need to do is to add dvrflash file + readme file and remove pioneers official updater :wink:


#10

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]easy :wink:

The official one contains them.

When you start the download exe file they are at default extracted to c:/DVR10xD/FW1xx (where the “x” means your drive type and the actual firmware version.)

The files is in this folder along with pioneers official updater, all he need to do is to add dvrflash file + readme file and remove pioneers official updater :wink: [/B]
LOL! i thought he managed to extract the firmware directly from the drive itself in someway :stuck_out_tongue: thx OC-Freak :wink:


#11

Can someone please say what is the difference between firmware v1.09 and 1.10? some k-probe scans maybe? :eek:

All i wanna know is how v1.10 handles ricoh media…


#12

And why there are two versions?? Does this mean A07 is not the same as 107D?

DVR-A07U

RA07U_FW110.EXE

New!
(20 Feb. 2004)
Firmware Upgrade Ver. 1.10
Caution! Once the drive has been updated to this version, the drive will NOT be able to be restored to an earlier firmware version.

DVR-107D

R107D_FW110EU.EXE

New!
(20 Feb. 2004)
Firmware Upgrade Ver. 1.10
Caution! Once the drive has been updated to this version, the drive will NOT be able to be restored to an earlier firmware version.


#13

Originally posted by bifrost
And why there are two versions?? Does this mean A07 is not the same as 107D?

Relax!

The firmware inside each of these is identical, and so are the drives. The only difference is included software.


#14

Originally posted by 1samek
[B]Can someone please say what is the difference between firmware v1.09 and 1.10? some k-probe scans maybe? :eek:

All i wanna know is how v1.10 handles ricoh media… [/B]

I don’t have a saved scan to show, but I can tell you that firmware 1.10 burns the Ricoh media a little better, the PI numbers were about the same, the PO numbers were substantially better.

The result - an error free burn, compatible with my 2 standalones.


#15

With Firmware 1.1 on Infiniti 99min CDR’s Identified as Ritek media. Previously, firmware would not recognise these disks, giving a “power calibration error”

Burnt at 4x speed, the Kprobe isn’t pretty though.



#16

My 107D burns horrible with Ricoh media. 1.05 or 1.10 firmware doesn’t seem to make a difference… I need my Taiyo Yudens… :sad:


#17

The official Pioneer firmware 1.10 I downloaded only has two files in it - UPGDVD.EXE and R7100107.110 .

The 1.05 modded firmware has DVRFLASH and R7100007.105 and R7100107.105 - 3 files instead instead of 2.

Why is that?

How would I ever get 1.10 back on if I put the modded 1.05 on? Is there a 3-file DVRFLASH version of 1.10 out yet?


#18

Originally posted by ablatt
[B]The official Pioneer firmware 1.10 I downloaded only has two files in it - UPGDVD.EXE and R7100107.110 .

The 1.05 modded firmware has DVRFLASH and R7100007.105 and R7100107.105 - 3 files instead instead of 2.

Why is that?

How would I ever get 1.10 back on if I put the modded 1.05 on? Is there a 3-file DVRFLASH version of 1.10 out yet? [/B]

the link at the top pf the page has more than 2 files in it
it has the upgdvd + the bios & kernel files
try looking in it with winrar


#19

I downloaded from

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_4249_39099161,00.html

and the firmware I downloaded at the bottom of the page only had the two files in it.


#20

Both the UK and European Pioneer sites have the “3 file” updates available

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/download.jsp?dir=/files/support/dvrup&filename=R07_FW110.EXE

and

http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/download.jsp?dir=/files/support/dvrup&filename=R107D_FW110.EXE

A brief inspection of the new Kernel part of the upgrade reveals that it is Kernel version 2 (as opposed to Kernel version 1 with 1.05).