I dont know if anyone still reads this thread but i too have a dvd8631 phillips drive…THe only reason that i want to flash is to be able to burn at 1x, and also maybe to get better read speed…Normaly I would just bite the bullet and follow the instructions but i want to make sure nothing has changed…
So basicly I would like to know what the most current BEST SOLUTION for this drive is…
- Right now i have gd30.exe and can flash just fine.
But is this my anwser
- Should i really cross flash…?
Basically I want to know what to do now…12/16/05
should i just follow this
You have to cross-flash it first. EG:
Step 1: Go here: http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BENQ_FW.htm
- DL the B7T9 .cvt file
- DL the WinDWFlasher
- Flash your drive and reboot
Go here: http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE
- DL the newest version of MCSE
- DL official BenQ firmware (EG: B7T9)
- Unzip and open MCSE. Load FW into MCSE.
- Click the â€œincreased read speedâ€ checkbox. Hit Save.
- Double-click the patched FW (itâ€™ll say something like B7T9_speedpatched) and let it flash.
If those are the most current directions then cool but if thier needs to be a firmware change that isnt thier or if those firmwares have also been updated please let me know…
P.S. I have winDWflash.exe but am having trouble finding .cvt files thanks for the help everyone