New PC

vbimport

6 months ago I bought and installed DVDRMP.

I have now had to replace my PC and would like to have DVDRMP installed on the new one instead.

Can this be done legally without purchasing it again?

I still have the downloaded install file, but it recognises that this is a different PC and I don’t want to do anything illegal.

Yes, just get the new computer id and enter it in your account and download a new copy.

To get a new computer id, download the demo and look in the About box. There’s a small nifty utility to obtain this but I forgot where it is.

Thanks very much - all sorted (I think).

After quite a bit of use, the present copy has suddenly started crashing.

If I de-install it, can I then re-install it on the same PC using the same computer id or do I need to get another one?

DVDRMP is a self-executable program, there’s nothing to de-install. You may delete it and redownload from your account with the same Comp ID. The only time the ID is changed is when you reinstall Windows or have any hardware change.

In what conditions does it crash?

[quote=toaddub;2187987]DVDRMP is a self-executable program, there’s nothing to de-install. You may delete it and redownload from your account with the same Comp ID. The only time the ID is changed is when you reinstall Windows or have any hardware change.

In what conditions does it crash?[/quote]Thank you for that information.

It is difficult to define the conditions of the crashing. Sometimes it seems to be working as normal, and at other times without warning it either suddenly just disappears from the screen or displays an MS warning message that it is closing and then vanishes. It seems mainly to be associated with times when I am [U]about to[/U] select a folder on the PC for import (and possibly export - I can’t remember for sure).

I have occasional crash as well, but not as what you described. It is not repeatable. Probably I was trying to do many things at the same time not waiting for ReMake to finish its operations.

Here I am again, several months later having been away from DVD editing.

I am still having this crash problem with my Vista 64 PC.

I have tried redownloading and running that version, but it is much the same.

I managed to import a DVD which I had created elsewhere, but when I tried to export it I was halfway through finding a folder in which to save the files when DVDRMP simply vanished without warning. There were no error messages or any other clues.

Has anyone any ideas please?

To expand on this.

After opening my project, I go to “Export DVD” and up comes a dialog box headed “Select Directory for DVD Export” and without touching anything else, DVDRMP totally vanishes from the screen after about 2 seconds.

This is consistent, however, if I select “Export Test DVD” it works correctly.

I will have to test it as well and may encounter the same problem as you.

Have a look at this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f112/dvdremake-pro-memory-usage-vista-x64-230769/ Maybe it will help solve the problem. Another thing I thought of is to run in Administrative mode or XP SP2 or higher compatibility mode.

Thanks for your reply.

I am not well up enough in PCs to know about those modes.

For info, I have mailed Dimadsoft (or is that you?) quoting this thread.

I am afraid that your link failed.

I’m just a user like you.

hmm, I copied and pasted the link. ok, here it is again: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f112/dvdremake-pro-memory-usage-vista-x64-230769/ It’s just a few threads below.

These modes can be accessed by right-clicking on the program and select Properties and Compatiblity tab.

[QUOTE=toaddub;2408369]I will have to test it as well and may encounter the same problem as you.

Have a look at this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f112/dvdremake-pro-memory-usage-vista-x64-230769/ Maybe it will help solve the problem. Another thing I thought of is to run in Administrative mode or XP SP2 or higher compatibility mode.[/QUOTE]Having just got up (8am here!) I tried both those modes and it did the same.

Looking at that thread (thanks for reposting the link) is a bit worrying as I have nothing else I can run this on. Hopefully Dimadsoft can come up with something for this problem which sounds different to what is being described there, so presumably that fix would not work (even if I had any clue how to do it!).

Well, having said that the fault was consistent, for the last couple of days it has now decided (no idea how long for) to behave itself - a mystery!