New PC Build for DVD collection; Need some help

Some mail-in rebate
//Danne

HIS Hightech H465FS512P Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail
$59.99 - $10.00 MIR + $5.99 Shipping = $55.98

Thanks guys. The input has really helped. I have indeed swapped out that Video card with the HIS Radeon… saved me $80-ish… plus the reviews look good…

I’m going to stick with the E7400… trying not to make too many more changes at this point… there appear to be some concerns about the temp on that board/cpu… and it’s only a $70 difference, which i just saved on the video card… :wink:

5TB drives… now that’s a thought… but yep, gonna stick with the 1’s…

I think I’m just about ready to order this… before anyone else changes my mind… ;)~

Thanks again guys!

[QUOTE=ripit;2214995]One other thing. You mentioned a slot for a nic. I’m not sure if you are going wireless or wired (I would recommend wired if you are streaming video), but the motherboard has built in gigibit lan.[/QUOTE]Also, the Gigabyte board (UD3R, I have the UD3P, you’ll love it) has 8 SATA ports so, with 6x 1TB & 1 burner, leaves you an extra. No need for the PCI sata controller until later when you want to add 6 more 1.5TB drives.

The largest drain on the power supply is during bootup, especially with multiple drives installed. Although a smaller drive would likely work just as well, the larger unit will last longer in the long run.

Depending on the MB, you likely won’t need a PCI NIC. Most current MB’s have a built-in NIC.

You also don’t need to spend extra on high speed HDD’s. Even a 5400 RPM drive is more than sufficient for a media server for a single user.

I’ve never tried RIPing multiple discs at once. But assuming you could run multiple instances of your RIPing app, your MB would be the bottleneck trying to process each stream.