you should check out this player...
it goes for $199.00 or even less sometimes.
check out the review:
it was rated 4th best player, beating Denon costing much..much more!!!
you player was rated 5th best!!!
but what sets the appodigital player apart....are:
DVI (Digital Video Interface) output to eliminate flickers and to produce more clear pictures
* High resolutions include 480p, 540p, 576p, 720p, 1080i
* Up Convert from 480i to 720p/1080i
* DCDi by Faroudja. Video is analyzed on a single pixel granularity to detect presence or absence of angled lines and edges, which are then processed to produce a smooth natural looking image without visible artifacts (jaggies).
* Plays DivXÂ® 5, DivXÂ® 4, DivXÂ® 3, and DivXÂ® VOD video content (in compliance with DivX Certifiedâ„¢ technical requirements)
* Plays XviD and .SRT, .SMI, .IDX and .SUB formats
* Per-pixel Motion Adaptive De-interlacing
* Patented FilmMode Processing C Used for proper de-interlacing of 3:2 and 2:2 pull down material
* DVD Video/Audio, Divx/MPEG4, VCD, SVCD, CD, HDCD, DVDR/RW, CD-R/RW, Kodak Picture
* Super Error Correction with Twin Laser and Intelligent Laser Wavelength Control
* PAL / NTSC discs
* Automatic Screensaver
* Parental Control Function
* Menu Driven Setup Screen
* Region Selectable 0 to 9 0=region free
* 108MHz/12bit Video D/A Converter
* DVI Output
* NTSC / PAL Output
* Screen Aspect Ratio 4:3 and 16:9
* Smart Video: Sharpness/Contrast/Brightness/Saturation Adjustable
* Multi-Angled View
* Multi-Language for On-Screen-Display
* Converts Pal to Ntsc and Ntsc to Pal
* 192 KHz Sampling Frequency, 24-Bit High Quality Audio DAC
* Dolby Digital Down-mixed 2-Ch Stereo (L. R)
* Built-in Dolby digital Decoder, Dolby Digital (AC3) 5.1 Channel Output
* Built-in DTS Digital Decoder, DTS 5.1 Channel Output
* Dolby Digital/DTS/LCPM Bitstream Output
* 3D Surround (Virtual Surround): Concert, Live, Dance, Techno, Classic, Soft
* ~~110V - ~~250V, 50Hz/60Hz AC Universal Power Supply
* Automatic Short Circuit Protection
Connectors: Gold Plated
* Analog (Mixed 2 Ch) Stereo (Left, Right) Audio
* S/PDIF (IEC-958) Coaxial/Optical Digital Audio
* Component Video/Composite Video/S-Video
* 5.1 Channel Audio
not bad eh!!!