New Official Firmware for LTR-52327S: QS0B

You can get it at Lite-On’s web page. I’ll post some tests soon.

Nice scans on the QS0B CDRecorder. Did they all burn at full speed?
The 7S drive with these latest firmwares is easily becoming the fastest AND best quality CD burner, at any price. gotta love that LiteOn

:cool:

Yes, I am really impressed with QS0B. It seems better than QS0C with the media I use for testing.

I burned all of those discs in CD-DVD Speed, so I was able to look at a speed graph of the burns. They all burned at full speed for most of the burn. The TY and Ritek discs showed an orange light a second or two before the end of the burn, but the graph didn’t show it. The Philips and Spin-X discs did drop in speed near the end of the disc, though. Here is a picture of that speed drop on a Philips 48x disc.

Hi CDRecorder and rdgrimes. Is QS0B better than QS0C for the TY discs you guys are using?

QS0B appears to have a slight edge in some cases, but they are both VERY good firmwares. Haven’t tested 0B myself.

Where did the QS0C version come from?
The lastest official version is QS0B and is dated 24/10/2003.
The QS0C appeared in posts dated 21/10/2003.
Is it an hacked QS09 version or what?

Regards,
Poulpy.

Hi! Guys

Keep getting “cannot find server” for the QS0B link, in fact can’t seem to get to Lite-On as before:(

I think that QS0B is better for everything I’ve tested. I have gotten less C1 errors on nearly every disc with QS0B than I did with QS0C. I would definitely recommend that you flash your drive to QS0B based on what I and others have seen.

QS0C is a “leaked” version of the firmware; that is, it was not officially released.

Originally posted by CDRecorder
QS0C is a “leaked” version of the firmware; that is, it was not officially released. [/B]
QS0C leaked before QS0B went public ?! That’s weird.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

Regards,
Poulpy.

Originally posted by silversurfer
[B]Hi! Guys

Keep getting “cannot find server” for the QS0B link, in fact can’t seem to get to Lite-On as before:( [/B]
The LiteOnwebsite seems to be down… It worked two hours ago.

can some one else…“serve” the firmware for us?? please

damian

Been running a few tests on my own drive with QS0B, and it seems no different than QS0C here. There are slight differences, but no more than I would consider normal variation between scans.

Media tested:

TY CDR @ 52x
Prodisc CDR @48x
Mitsubishi US RW @ 24x
Mitsubishi HS RW @ 10x

I’ll have to update my page with a link later…

Binary QS0B

Thanks dhc014

Speedy Gonzales!!!:bow: