New Nvidia Nforce drivers! Accelerated IDE driver available

Maybe this deserves a new thread…

If you are interested in nForce drivers for Windows 2000 and XP, yesterday NVidia released version 3.13 of the unified driver.
After the big mess of versions 2.41 and 2.42, where the accelerated IDE driver caused lot of problems and was subsequently removed in version 2.45, now a new accelerated IDE driver is present:

Release Notes

• WHQL certified kit for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3
  • First release of NVIDIA IDE driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000
  • General compatibility fixes
  • Audio Improvements:
    (…)

You can download it here:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/n...HQL_english.exe

CAUTION: I haven’t tried the drivers yet… If you want to do so, I strongly suggest to make a backup of your system using a low-level backup
utility like Symantec Ghost… If something goes wrong, maybe you won’t be able to step back to the
previous version of the drives.

Sorry, the link was broken… :frowning:

You can download it from here:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/3.13/nForce_3.13_WinXP2K_WHQL_english.exe
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/3.13/nForce_3.13_WinXP2K_WHQL_international.exe

Good luck,

ET.

These drivers were not released yesterday…they have been out for over a week now.

Just to let you know. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by xtremeskier97
[B]These drivers were not released yesterday…they have been out for over a week now.

Just to let you know. :slight_smile: [/B]

Ok, sorry about that. However,
on the Website you find

Version: 3.13
Release Date: November 3, 2003

ET

My bad…i thought you were talking about the 2.45 being released on Monday. You’re right…it is version 3.13.

Ill download and try these tonight!

Well, what are your thoughts about these drivers? Do they increase any performance?

wats the difference between the drivers english 10+ meg compare to international that 20+ more? this has been buggin me for a while now.:confused:

Originally posted by BisayaBoy
wats the difference between the drivers english 10+ meg compare to international that 20+ more? this has been buggin me for a while now.:confused:

a lot of extra languages :bigsmile:

I have not seen any noticeable difference in speed. I haven’t run any benchmarks so I dont know if there if a difference at all. I will be loading a clean load of Windows this weekend so I will see about some benchmarks.

But the question remains does burning fail with the accelerated IDE drivers like the old versions?

Damn. Guess i’m the guinea pig.

I am going to run a pcmark HDD run on both of my hdd’s before and after the install of these new drivers and also the hdd benchmark in sisoft sandra 2004. I know the pcmark score fluctuates badly so i will run each test twice to make sure results are similiar.

Then the final test. The burning of a cd :d

Will have the results in two hours.

god damnit. I ran the benchmark tests with the old drivers.
Uninstalled old nforce drivers.
Restart.
Install 3.13 drivers.
Restart.
= BSOD

Safe mode = BSOD

Last Known good = awesome !!:smiley:

I think i might wait for the next release.

Major problem here with the new (3.13) drivers.

With the new drivers, I can’t have both D-Tools (3.41) and A-120 (1.4.7.1005 – latest) installed at the same time. Doing so completely hoses Windows (XP Pro) – can’t boot normal, safe mode… even “Last known good config” does not boot.

I have spent the past 3 days in a hellish cycle of reinstalling Windows and I am 100% certain it is the new nvidia drivers.

I have no idea what’s causing this. I’m posting just to issue a warning to others. For the record, CloneCD (4.2.0.2) gets along fine with either A-120 or D-Tools. It’s just something with D-Tools and A-120. I have never experienced any conflicts with any of these programs in the past.

Also, now that I think of it, I got several other miscellaneous errors here and there with the new drivers. Such as programs crashing that have never given me problems before.

My setup:

Abit NF7-S rev.2
Barton 2500+
1 gig Corsair PC3200
Audigy2

XP Pro

i think i read about this problem in another forum. nvidia definitely needs to get their act together.

btw, u probably shouldn’t use abbreviations that nobody else uses, like “A-120”, it becomes a bit harder to understand for someone who might not know what u’re talking about.

Holy crap, that totally happened to me! I thought it was something I did, but I guess it’s the combo of these two apps. I never had Alcohol on my system before and I was just gonna try it out when I got this exact problem. First time I’ve ever messed my machine enough to not be able to boot into any mode! Makes me feel better that it technically wasn’t something I did. :slight_smile:
Guess I won’t be installing Alcohol anytime soon, don’t think I need it anyway, just wanted to see it in action.

Originally posted by grunjee
[B]Major problem here with the new (3.13) drivers.

With the new drivers, I can’t have both D-Tools (3.41) and A-120 (1.4.7.1005 – latest) installed at the same time. Doing so completely hoses Windows (XP Pro) – can’t boot normal, safe mode… even “Last known good config” does not boot.

I have spent the past 3 days in a hellish cycle of reinstalling Windows and I am 100% certain it is the new nvidia drivers.

I have no idea what’s causing this. I’m posting just to issue a warning to others. For the record, CloneCD (4.2.0.2) gets along fine with either A-120 or D-Tools. It’s just something with D-Tools and A-120. I have never experienced any conflicts with any of these programs in the past.

Also, now that I think of it, I got several other miscellaneous errors here and there with the new drivers. Such as programs crashing that have never given me problems before.

My setup:

Abit NF7-S rev.2
Barton 2500+
1 gig Corsair PC3200
Audigy2

XP Pro [/B]

Yeah, this really blows. I’d like to try the new 3.13’s but not the way they stand now. I’m gonna do some more searching online, maybe I can find some more insight to what’s going on.

Apparently it also busts Plextools.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=15275

Damn, now I am sorry that I have started this thread.
Nvidia had big troubles in the past with their first release of the accelerated IDE drivers… versions 2.41 and 2.42 were a mess and caused a lot of troubles to users… while version 2.45, with dit NOT contain the accelerated IDE driver, work fine (at least for me, but I have heard of no complains about them).

Maybe a good idea could be to install the new drivers WITHOUT the accelerated ide driver… I am not sure, but I strongly suspect that this driver is the cause of all problems…
Good luck,

ET

Originally posted by eltranquil

CAUTION: I haven’t tried the drivers yet… If you want to do so, I strongly suggest to make a backup of your system using a low-level backup
utility like Symantec Ghost… If something goes wrong, maybe you won’t be able to step back to the
previous version of the drives.

The person above is correct it is caused by the accelerated ide driver (at least in my case), i had the same suspicion that i why i held by breath and tested it again and this time the 3.13 drivers worked, of course i didn’t install the ide-sw driver. I knew nvidia had problems with the ide driver that is why it hasn’t been shipped in the drivers since 2.42-2.43 i believe. Apparantly they fixed the problems and and updated driver was included in 3.13. Obviously they didn’t fix all the problems. I contacted my motherboard support department and they said the accelerated driver is only compatible with some products and in the future it will automatically detect the correct driver for your devices. Also there is to be a completly different driver for those products that don’t support the ide-sw driver. So there will be a few different ide drivers in future releases.

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it :smiley:

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it

shoosh you:bigsmile:

Well the normal role of drivers is to provide performance enchancements, fix bugs, and add features without breaking compatibility. Nvidia need to go back to the drawing board because they have forgotten the basics.

I have a suspicion that funding to their driver developer team has been cut, their new Nforce2 drivers = crap, there new vidoecard forceware drivers=crap, for fx owners anyway. I strongly believe they don’t even test their new drivers at all anymore!!, cause there has been widespread problems for their mobo and videocard drivers on systems that are completely different, surely if the had tested on something they would have picked it up cause their new drivers don’t seem to working on too much.

We don’t need new drivers every two weeks, we need working drivers every two months.