New MyCE homepage - What do you think of the small changes?

vbimport

www.myce.com :wink:

no did not notice

colorCOLOR

Lovely :bigsmile:

Pretty colours! :bigsmile:

It’s smaller, i like that :slight_smile:

hot threads!

Colourful hot threads :wink:

The ad-square seems new.

Actually, there has been nothing changed concerning ads. Only one ad-square is sometimes shown - many visitors don’t see the ad-square at all.

Any ideas/suggestions for the blank space in the lower left corner? :slight_smile:

It’s better – I think you still have way too much text that is indistinguished by anything aside from the fact that it might be on a different line. The color and different areas help, but I think you still are trying to do too much in one place. Are you afraid of people clicking through and not coming back?

[QUOTE=BussyB;2526008]

Any ideas/suggestions for the blank space in the lower left corner? :)[/QUOTE]

Lots of little Hello Kitty icons? Well, you did ask…:bigsmile:

Looks somewhat broken:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2526074]Looks somewhat broken:[/QUOTE]

It shows ok with firefox, no idea about the rest of the browsers, but there is on small problem that i just saw.

[QUOTE=vroom;2526076]It shows ok with firefox, no idea about the rest of the browsers, but there is on small problem that i just saw.[/QUOTE]My screenshot WAS made with FF.
Yours looks more like Opera (at least I see the same garbage like you here).

Some charset problem to deal with (FF 3.6.3 and Opera 10.5.3):

firefox 3.6.3 here also.

thnx for the feedback guys & girls, I’ll have jochem take a look at it :iagree:

I needed to refresh the page to get the colours in the hot threads.
Looks good though. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=BussyB;2526008]Any ideas/suggestions for the blank space in the lower left corner? :)[/QUOTE] RSS feeds/links to each and every section and part of the forum.

[QUOTE=Dee;2526170]
Looks good though. :)[/QUOTE]

:iagree: - as someone who only visits the homepage for something specific, or when reading the odd news article (yeah I know, slapped wrist ;)), it’s definitely more appealing to my eye, and more likely to encourage a repeat visit - could be just me, but it looks a lot cleaner and less busy than before? :slight_smile: