New Mozilla Firebird out!

vbimport

Hey guys, the new Firebird browser version 0.6 has finally been released! I just have to say that it is VERY FAST. you guys should definately check it out.

Yes it is fast, and it has a good rendering engine. I installed this baby and used it with great pleasure (seems to have less compatibility issues than Opera 7.11, but isn’t that nifty when it comes to mouse gestures and such…).

Used to like Netscape… what the hell, I’ll give it another try.

Update: Damn, this thing’s on crack. It’s hella fast.:eek:

This browser is awsome. They did an excellent job. I miss some features from Mozilla, but for quick browsing it rocks.

Bumpedibump.
A new version has been released and from now on Firebird is known as Firefox.

Is it any good? I don’t know, I love my IE!

I’m told the URL is http://mozilla.org/products/firefox but I get a 404 on that page, probably overloaded with geeks… :slight_smile:

Well I’m currently trying out Firefox, I like it better than mozilla but I have yet to come up with a reason as to why I should use this instead of IE…

Originally posted by Airhead
Well I’m currently trying out Firefox, I like it better than mozilla but I have yet to come up with a reason as to why I should use this instead of IE…

actual java support ? :slight_smile:

I found a major problem: It crashes on certain websites for some reason. Something to do with Flash/shockwave.

And what’s the use of bookmarks if I cant type them into the adress bar?

I hate to admit it, but I’m sitting here in school, missing my dear Firefox… Guess it caught on… :slight_smile:

Here you can find a very very nice set of plugins for Firebird/Firefox…!

Index.dat

And the tight integration between windows and ie makes the security holes affect windows itself if IE is used.

firefox > opera? mozilla has always seemed clunky to me (i like the same browser on linux / windows)

Could you evolve that a bit? Is Firefox more like Opera than Mozilla?
I tried Opera once but I didn’t like it then.

Is Firefox more like Opera than Mozilla?

No, in term of features Mozilla is more like Opera.
Firefox are browser only, when Opera and Mozilla are a complete web suite (Web-browser, Mail-client, News-client and more… :wink:

Solaris

I just installed Firefox on my Linux Laptop and it’s doing it’s work quite nice and fast. It seems to be offer better compatibility then Opera does. The only thing I still have to work out is the settings of the fonts, as the standard fonts make my eyes hurt…

Aaaaand I’m back at IE again. I have serious issues with the way Firefox scrolls the page. I tried using SmoothWheel and other extensions but it never got smooth. IE is very smooth. But I like Firefox, I’ll keep it and use it from time to time. I’ve learnt to love tabs, tabs in IE would be wonderful.

did you try selecting this:

Whats the differences between Mozilla, Firebird, Opera, …

Originally posted by Womble
Whats the differences between Mozilla, Firebird, Opera, …
Mozilla is a full featured browser with lots of extra features like a mail client, irc client and is a lot faster (and better) than IE.
firebird now known as firefox is just a plain browser that is super fast.
opera I don’t know much about, I used it for a while but alot of sites wouldn’t work correctly with it so it only lasted a couple of days

Originally posted by slayerking
did you try selecting this:
Yes I did, without that it was horrible, but I still wasnt satisfied with thes smooth scrolling.