New Movie won't open

vbimport

First problem I’ve had in over a year now. :slight_smile: I’ve been trying to backup a new Loinsgate movie tonight, and it will not open. I’ve updated to 5.2.2.2 and with pathplayer enabled and disabled. Out of 4 movies tonight this one will not open. I’ve let it try to open for over 30 minutes each way with no luck. Since I can’t open it, I can’t send the IFO files in. Anyone have any ideas.:confused:

[QUOTE=DONVAN;2187615]First problem I’ve had in over a year now. :slight_smile: I’ve been trying to backup a new Loinsgate movie tonight, and it will not open. I’ve updated to 5.2.2.2 and with pathplayer enabled and disabled. Out of 4 movies tonight this one will not open. I’ve let it try to open for over 30 minutes each way with no luck. Since I can’t open it, I can’t send the IFO files in. Anyone have any ideas.:confused:[/QUOTE]

There may be a new copy-protection out that LionsGate is using on their DVDs, which may be why it can’t be even opened.

Will the disk play on your computer? On your stand-alone DVD player?

If so, (and you’re comfortable that the DVD was inserted in the drive correctly for the copying - I’ve found my drive to be finicky if the DVD isn’t in just right…) then please post the Title and Region so it can be checked further.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2187622]please post the Title and Region so it can be checked further.

:)[/QUOTE]

yes please

The movie is Bangkok Dangerous , region 1. It plays fine in player. I’ve tried it in 2 different computers and 3 different burners without getting it to open.

you can send the IFO files.

[ol]
[li]open the disc with windows explorer
[/li][li]copy the IFO files on hard disk folder to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.
[/li][li]compress with 7zip [winrar, winzip ect]
[/li][li]send to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.
[/li][/ol]

i encountered the same problem with bangkok dangerous and disaster movie. hope for some fix soon.

I was able to do disaster movie with Ripit4me. Movie only, changed the target window to just disaster movie. When the clean up stage starts it will come up some files were not ripped. Just hit ignore. Now I can’t say for sure if it got the whole movie, I haven’t had a chance to check it yet. Though it looks good.

[QUOTE=rayngddss;2188146]i encountered the same problem with bangkok dangerous and disaster movie. hope for some fix soon.[/QUOTE]

Still trying with Bangkok, sent in I hope I did it right. Had no problem with Disaster and it is a Loinsgate movie.

[QUOTE=ipaulo;2188913]I was able to do disaster movie with Ripit4me. Movie only, changed the target window to just disaster movie. When the clean up stage starts it will come up some files were not ripped. Just hit ignore. Now I can’t say for sure if it got the whole movie, I haven’t had a chance to check it yet. Though it looks good.[/QUOTE]

DVDFab worked great with Disaster, no problem at all. :bow:

[QUOTE=DONVAN;2188941]DVDFab worked great with Disaster, no problem at all. :bow:[/QUOTE]

Hi Donvan, just wondering what region is your orginal. I have a R1 cataclysmic edition unrated. I can’t get Fab to read it. I’m using version 5.2.2.2, even tried reinstalling fab. Still no luck.

What make is your optical drive? I wonder if that would make a difference.

I wonder if I got a bad pressed dvd.

I’ve tried 3 different copies of the movie and it plays fine in stand alones and computers. It nearly has to be new protection. Hopefully the IOF files I sent to Fengtao will give him something to work with. It always has in the past. :clap:

hi can you still get ripit4me, and do you still have to use it with dvd shrink

hi i use dvdfab 5.222, but i cant get it to open disaster movie or bangkok dangerous

ripit4me is hard to find these days but yes it can be found, and if you are going to burn to DVD5(single layer then yes DVD Shrink is needed.

hi thanks for the reply. i will wait to see when dvdfab gets a fix its always pretty fast.