New Member - Linux User

vbimport

Hello All,

I have been trying to dump windows for a while. But, I have been spoiled by the Nero suite of applications. I have purchased and installed NeroLinux, but it is only a Linux version of Nero Burning ROM.

I really like the DVD authoring application in WinNero, and was hanging on to windows because of that. I recently have been trying out ‘Q’ DVD-Author. It is a GUI for the Linux dvdauthor application. It is new, and still rather “green”, but I am able to get good DVD’s with custom menus with it. It is the custom menus that I really like. I never was able to do that with WinNero.

I just installed the Linux OS 64Studio on my multimedia PC. It is meant to be a Linux recording studio, base on Debian. I have installed ‘Q’ DVD-Author andgLabels (a Linux label making program), and plan on installing NeroLinux.

Those programs seem to be what I needed to finally free myself from windows. I don’t want to start a OS war, because I think WinXP is a fine OS. I just don’t ever want to use Vista! :eek:

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard. :iagree: :clap:
You seem to have it well covered too. :cool:
From a Vista user. :eek:

Thanks,

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, but after you register it actually suggests that you put an introductory post in the Living Room section.

You may want to change that.

Hi Welcome Paul :slight_smile:
I can’t say anything good or bad about XP never used it my self.
As far as Vista goes you are not alone, from all the problems and crashes I read on the Net most people are having there is a lot people out there that don’t ever want to use it. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=coathi;2011576]Hi Welcome Paul :slight_smile:
I can’t say anything good or bad about XP never used it my self.
As far as Vista goes you are not alone, from all the problems and crashes I read on the Net most people are having there is a lot people out there that don’t ever want to use it. :)[/QUOTE]

Funny I have two system one XP and one Vista Ultimate (never have issues with it)…and since I made adjustment on Vista I can run any program or hardware without issues…never use XP that much any more.

and since I made adjustment

and never use that much any more

Yes it is Funny :slight_smile:

Hurray!

Linus Torvalds did mention that Vista opened up the world to Linux :wink:

I have actually been using Linux since Fedora Core 2 (2004). This is well before Vista was even beta released. I had actually downloaded and installed Fedora Core 1 (2003), but I didn’t use it and put WinXP over it…

My main interest in Linux, and the main incentive to learn it, was the MythTV PVR application. I only watch/record HDTV with it, and with all those beautiful HD recordings on my hard drive, I naturally looked to make DVD’s with them.

Please, no more slamming of operating systems! That is like criticizing a person’s family - guaranteed to p*ss someone off!