New LTR-24102B firmware solves mainboard compatibility problem!

Version 5S57

Solve the issue that part of CD-RW drives will always tray-eject after power on the PC with certain brands of motherboards due to its power supply is not 0 volt when power-off.

Also they posted a new firmware for LTR-12102B:

http://www.liteonit.com/webfw/NS1I.zip

And now for a way to flash it. Every time I try to flas my 24102b I get the demand : Remove the disc before to do the flash…

Well . I’m pretty sure there is no disc in the drive so I asked Lite-On for a DOS-util and a BIN-file . Still waiting though, since the latest seems to cure the magically opening tray-problem I would love to give it a try

Too bad it doesn’t solve the protected audiocd reading…
I tried it–still nope…

fsck i have fragged my burner :frowning:

it reads cds but when i write a cd the lead in isn’t written.

on the cdr i can see that the data is on it (maybe some other trash data)

the flash utility will not flash because it sees that i have the actuall firmware already on it.

any suggestins ? i’ve heard about a dos flash utility … where can i find it ?

InSOMniA

Different firmwares here.

Including DOS version of 5S07 which you may use to flash your drive back or to flash rebagged drives to real lite-on’s.

NOTE 1: Converting rebagged drives to real lite-on’s woids the warranty!!!
NOTE 2: Do NOT use 5S0J or older firmwares(including 5S07 of course) on drives that came shipped with firmware 5S54 or newer since these drives have a different hardware revision.
NOTE 3: Don’t blame me if something goes to hell :stuck_out_tongue:

NOTE 2: Do NOT use 5S0J or older firmwares(including 5S07 of course) on drives that came shipped with firmware 5S54 or newer since these drives have a different hardware revision.

my drive came with 5S54

and i do not find a dos flasher for this firmware there … so what can i do ?

InSOMniA

ok my drives works till last night as if nothing bad has happend … don’t know why, maybe magic … :slight_smile:

thx to all who tried to help me and thought about my problem :slight_smile:

greetings
(happy)
InSOMniA