New Long Awaited BenQ (1650/1655/DQ60)

Can we assume the Long awaited BenQ 1650 with DVD-RAM Capability finally is here in US?.

Cool!:clap::clap::clap:

TCAS: Will this drive work with QSuite 2.1? Do you happen to know if it is based on the same hardware as the 1640?

I hope it’s an improvement again…a new BenQ in my system would be nice :cool:
especially wih such a design! :iagree:

That is not BenQ DW1650, it’s BenQ DQ60 (OEM TEAC DV-W516E).

if that is that sucks because I just ordered a DW1640 and it shipped out this morning :doh:

edit: above post whew then I don’t feel so bad :o :iagree:

Hi,

I am going to get either the 1650, 1655 or DQ60.

I just saw the DQ60 available at NewEgg for $42. Its an OEM. Other than DVD-RAM, how does the 1650 compare to the DQ60, regards specs? Also, is there any advanced information on how they compare? Lastly, is the 1655 really a 1650 with the LightScribe added?

Brand BenQ
Type DVD Burner
Model DQ60 BK
Performance
Cache 2M
WRITE Speed
DVD+R 16X
DVD+RW 8X
DVD-R 16X
DVD-RW 6X
CD-R 40X
CD-RW 24X
DVD+R DL 8X
DVD-R DL 8X
DVD-RAM 5X
READ Speed
DVD-ROM 16X
CD-ROM 40X
Physical Spec
Form Factor 5"
Panel Color Black
Configuration
Load Type Tray
Interface IDE

Gary

This ia what BenQ says.
Looks like BenQ has problem with their DW-1650… :confused:

I was under the impression that the DW1650 was the DQ60 but I may be wrong. There are so many drives being produced by the same companies with different model numbers it is hard to keep up with them.

I am also curious.

DQ60 at NewEgg, Any Good?
Read this thoroughly and you will know it’s good or not.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=150440

This drive is now also sold as Plextor 750. Burn quality is still not ok, hard to say if it is the Panasonic chipset or the firmware. If you really need DVD-RAM, there are better alternatives.

pinto2,Could the problems with the 1650 be similiar to BSMB problems on the 1640.

I missed something here… what problem?

From what I’ve read about the DQ60, it’s a piece of crap in comparison to the 1640, 1620, etc. This is NOT the 1650.

Be happy with your 1640. I will bet you it is a much better drive than a rebadged Teac.

BenQ just officially announced to realease the new models of DW1650/DW-1655/DQ60 in the mainland of China.
http://www.cdbest.net/cdvd/Article/cdvd/dvdrw/200511/20051129221112_3.html

So according to this Chinease site this drive along with BenQ 1650 and 1655 are the newest members of DVD burner drive from BenQ then how come some people here claim that they know this drive is piece gabbege and repackage of TEAC andd wwww?. Who is right here?.

Inside BenQ DQ60.

(Sorry delay, been away doing other things.)
Hmm…, announced quite a while ago, web pages pulled, “new” hardware…
What do you think. Not a painless “release” in my eyes anyway.
And in the end not bringing that much “new”, by looking at specifications anyway.

But, then I still remember lite-on’s 7 months delay with DVD-R format burner.

Just because they are being released at the same time doesn’t mean that they are related drives. Do a SEARCH and you would find out that it is a rebadged Teac POS. The 1650 and 1655, on the other hand, appear closely related to the 1640 and appear to be good drives.