New LITEON

Hi all,

I posted about a week ago with problems I was having with my LITEON 48125W. Everyone here was really great and helped heaps.

After infinite tests I concluded that the drive was stuffed and took it back to the store. The store manager, as usual, tried to convince me that it was my imagination and that there was nothing wrong. Anyway, after much prooving on my part (thanks to you guys I knew what I was talking about) he gave me a replacement.

Upon bringing the new drive home I discovered it’s not a 48125W at all but a 48126S instead. (whoohoo!)

What is the significance of S vs W?
Also, my 125W came with the VS06 firmware installed (which IS on the web site). But my 126S comes with the 2S0A firmware (which is NOT). What gives? Or am I over reacting? What are peoples experience with the 2S0D firmware (latest 48126S firmware)?

Thanks guys.

i would say just flash it to either the 52246s or the new 48246s firmware that came out yesterday.

Originally posted by Smoker

i would say just flash it to either the 52246s or the new 48246s firmware that came out yesterday.

Yes, the latter one could be more suitable to meet the optimum.

Originally posted by MojoMagic
[B]
Upon bringing the new drive home I discovered it’s not a 48125W at all but a 48126S instead. (whoohoo!)

What is the significance of S vs W?
[/B]

The real significance lies in the fact that you got a drive with a 6 based chipset which supports being overclocked to 52246S or 48246S. Good for you! :cool: