New LiteOn SOHC-5232K vs 52327s & 166

vbimport

How does the new LiteOn SOHC-5232K compare to…

1. Liteon 52327s for writing protections?
  2. Liteon 166s for reading protections?

Am I better of getting the 52327s with the 166 or getting the LiteOn SOHC-5232K combo drive for copying protections?

Has no one tried this new DVD/CDRW combo driver?

I doubt very many people own all three of these devices…

Yes, actually i’ve owned all 3 and now i only have the new 52x combo. Right out of the box it was horrible, I was trying to start a brand new installation of XP and it had tons of trouble reading the files. Looks like they have two new firmware upgrades, i’ll try it out tonight. BTW can someone please explain how can I do those read tests with Kprobe so i can post my results?

Originally posted by darkstar559
Yes, actually i’ve owned all 3 and now i only have the new 52x combo. Right out of the box it was horrible, I was trying to start a brand new installation of XP and it had tons of trouble reading the files. Looks like they have two new firmware upgrades, i’ll try it out tonight. BTW can someone please explain how can I do those read tests with Kprobe so i can post my results?

You may wish to read more in the media test forums on how to use K-Probe.

But remember: scans done with your combo drive can’t be compared to scans done with other drive types (so you can’t compare your results to scans from DVD-Writers and CD-Writers).

You ask if you are better of with the 52327S with 166. What does 166 mean??

Johs

Originally posted by fedevaps
[B]You ask if you are better of with the 52327S with 166. What does 166 mean??

Johs [/B]

LTD-166S - 16x/48x DVD-ROM drive.