New Liteon dh401s BD wont play

vbimport

:a A little help from you good folks would be appreciated. Just installed X-Mas present of a Liteon DH 401s. ,other DVDs play,CDs play but the only thing I get with BD is the sound and a white screen. Running on a MS7376 with a AMD9850 Quad core. ATI 4800 GPU 8.1. any dvd and clone dvd, Samaung 26" HD Monitor with TV. Liteon came with Power DVD BD disk.

Not having the Liteon I’m not sure about it. I did get myself the LG GGW H20L and after installing it and finding that it didn’t just play movies yet, I went ahead and installed the software that came with it. I had PowerDVD already, but it did install newer version. Then I had to update PowerDVD after installing it. Did this happen to you as well ?

I’m running an Q9450 w/ Abit IP-35E with 4 gigs RAM, Windows XP Pro SP3 and using 8800 GTS video card.

All works as should but now trying to learn about backing up Blu-ray movies is a new area that is a bit different for me. I have a movie (The Dark Knight) that I can get movie only with AnyDVDHD but it is too big for 25 Gig disc. I can’t get movie small enough to fit. For one thing movie is 2 1/2 hours long. Perhaps a smaller movie would be a better choice I think. Then go from there.

Good Luck, and just keep reading. Surely someone will have an idea that will help.

[QUOTE=ronnieb52;2183898]Not having the Liteon I’m not sure about it. I did get myself the LG GGW H20L and after installing it and finding that it didn’t just play movies yet, I went ahead and installed the software that came with it. I had PowerDVD already, but it did install newer version. Then I had to update PowerDVD after installing it. Did this happen to you as well ?

I’m running an Q9450 w/ Abit IP-35E with 4 gigs RAM, Windows XP Pro SP3 and using 8800 GTS video card.

All works as should but now trying to learn about backing up Blu-ray movies is a new area that is a bit different for me. I have a movie (The Dark Knight) that I can get movie only with AnyDVDHD but it is too big for 25 Gig disc. I can’t get movie small enough to fit. For one thing movie is 2 1/2 hours long. Perhaps a smaller movie would be a better choice I think. Then go from there.

Good Luck, and just keep reading. Surely someone will have an idea that will help.[/QUOTE]

What version of Power DVD did you have to upgrade tp to get it to work? Did you have to pay for it? Thanks. OH by the way iI am running XP.

Could be several issues relating to Blu-ray playback. First, ensure PowerDVD has the latest patches/updates. If they shipped a version with the drive, then it should support playback. It could also be an HDCP issue. For output to a TV, you may need HDMI connectivity and both the video card and TV need to be HDCP compliant. Also note that all devices are not compatible, even if they both have HDMI support.

Have you tried playing a regular DVD? Whether or not a regular DVD works could help isolate the issue. And as with all PC related issues, ensure you have all of the latest drivers installed.