New Liteon 48x12x48 Manufacture Codes?

vbimport

#1

Hi,

I want to buy the new Liteon 48x12x48 CDRW and have seen it in stock on 2 different UK sites, but I noticed they have different Manufacture Codes? Ones LTR-48125W-01YC and the other is LTR4812S-YC30, can sometime please tell me what the difference is as I would like to know before I buy

Does this have anything to do with the font panel of these drives? As Ive seen picks of ones with just the liteonit.com website on the front and others with the Liteon logo, which look much better :slight_smile: Any way of knowing what front panel you get?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated and am hoping that they wont run out of stock before I find the answers the these questions

Many Thanks

Regards

Phil.


#2

hey m8 save money and buy the 40x and use the firmware upgrade these brilliant guys have written and upgrade to 48x and at 1/2 the price.

if you dont believe me read some of the posts from today


#3

Never seen drives with reall Lite-On printing on, except for shows like CE-Bit and such.

All sold drives have had the small sticker with “www.liteonit.com” on only.

Brobably the LTR-48125S is wrong? Should be same drive anyway…don’t think that there is a S version of the 48X.


#4

:slight_smile: Scotsman by name and scotsman by nature …

Made me laugh buddy.

But after saying that - your right.

:cool:


#5

This was the Liteon faceplate I was on about…

http://www.8080.net/pics/42316552836.jpg

but its prob just a show off model, shame coz they look so much better like that

Well one of them definately says Mfr part #: LTR4812S-YC30

and theres only 15 left :eek:

So…

What is the difference between S & W models then?


#6

Originally posted by Phil2002UK
[B]This was the Liteon faceplate I was on about…

http://www.8080.net/pics/42316552836.jpg

but its prob just a show off model, shame coz they look so much better like that

Well one of them definately says Mfr part #: LTR4812S-YC30

and theres only 15 left :eek:

So…

What is the difference between S & W models then? [/B]

if im not wrong then the different is,

48125s = z-clv, it burns with up and downs

48125w = p-cav, it burns smootly from 22x to 48x

and this but im really not sure of this. The w version have’s mt-rainer, And the s version dont have mt-rainer


#7

@ sphere man or anyone else

So which one is better?


#8

Originally posted by Phil2002UK
[B]@ sphere man or anyone else

So which one is better? [/B]

Of course LTR-40125W :smiley: in case when you don’t want to perform any dirty tricks related with firmware :slight_smile: But if you do - then one of LTR-40125S’ses may be interesting becouse of that fancy logo :))


#9

as i said earlier buy the 40x and flash to 48.

my point being whats not to say thats what liteon are doing.


#10

Originally posted by sphere man
[B]

if im not wrong then the different is,

48125s = z-clv, it burns with up and downs

48125w = p-cav, it burns smootly from 22x to 48x

and this but im really not sure of this. The w version have’s mt-rainer, And the s version dont have mt-rainer [/B]

So sounds like the W version is better, but whats mt-rainer?


#11

And would…

CD-RW 48r 48w 12rw Int IDE RP
Mfr code: LTR-48125W-01YC

Definately indicate the W version?


#12

Yes, if they say it’s a LTR-48125W, it must be a LTR-48125W.
Makes sense doesn’t it… :wink:

And for more info about Mt. Rainier, check this CD Freaks article.


#13

Originally posted by Airhead
[B]Yes, if they say it’s a LTR-48125W, it must be a LTR-48125W.
Makes sense doesn’t it… :wink:

And for more info about Mt. Rainier, check this CD Freaks article. [/B]

Thanks Airhead, thats what I was looking for Mt Rainier sounds impressive :slight_smile: and the W version it will be then.

Ive just started looking into CDRWs and this kind of technology werent around when I bought my first Yamaha 6x4x16, which dont even support buffer under runs! Thanks for all the replies, think all my questions are answered now :slight_smile: