New Lite-On firmwares

vbimport

Lite-On released firmwares upgrades for several drives today. Here is direct links for the firmwares :wink:

Lite-On LTR-24102B:
Firmware version 5S5A get it here.
Match more media.

Lite-On LTR-24103S:
Firmware version XB04 get it here.
Match more media.

Lite-On LTR-32123S:
Firmware version XS0X get it here.
Match more media.

Lite-On LTR-32125W:
Firmware version WBS4 get it here.
Match more media.

Lite-On LTR-40125S:
Firmware version ZS0J get it here.
Match more media.

Lite-On LTD-165P DVD-ROM:
Firmware version CH06 get it here

Lite-On LTN-526 CD-ROM:
Firmware version OU0J Get it here.
Match more media.

Lite-On LTN-486 CD-ROM:
Firmware version OU0J Get it here.
Match more media.

Whoa!!
Going to try these out later today!!
Hopefully some of these new firmwares adds Mt.Rainier support to some of the drives.

That was pretty fast. What do you do, scan the Liteon website every few minutes?:slight_smile:

Lite-On LTD-165P DVD-ROM:

What’s this one? Is this a new drive?

Yep, it’s their newest DVD-ROM.

Lite-On LTR-32123S

No Mount Rainier support
No P-CAV support

:frowning:

If I’d just waited a week or 2 before I bought my drive, the “W” version would have pleased me 1000x more…

just tested the ZS0J for the LTR-40125S.

It adds the functions of ZS0G to an official Firmware. P-Cav and Mt Rainer.

average writing 31.64 and 31.46 (tested 2 cheap meadias i had liing arround here)

bin should be on the way to your mailbox, OC-Freak.

But went back to VS02 again. its faster :slight_smile:

axc27

[B]

Lite-On LTD-165P DVD-ROM
[/B]

How about posting some more info on this, if you don’t mind?

How long do you guys think till on official version of the 48x firmware?

“How long do you guys think till on official version of the 48x firmware?”

vs01 and vs02 are official firmwares taken from 48x drives - liteon only post firmware on their site to upgrade old firmwares … i.e vs03 will be available no doubt in the future.

Hi OC,

I guess like a lot of others a few weeks ago I updated the firmware of my 24103S to a 32123S, and so now the question a lot of people will ask is can the new firmware for the 32123S be used to upgrade the drive, and is there any benefit in doing so?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Dave

"I guess like a lot of others a few weeks ago I updated the firmware of my 24103S to a 32123S, and so now the question a lot of people will ask is can the new firmware for the 32123S be used to upgrade the drive, and is there any benefit in doing so? "

I upgraded my 24103S to a 32123S. The drive is basically a 32123s 100% now and so u can use any 32123S firmware update. I’ve updated to XS0X and have had no problems, i previously had XS0U on there. The benefits are probably minimal - just the fact the smartburn facility can match more types of cdr’s for fastest burning possible, generally the newer the firmware the better - in my experience.

I have a liteon 24103s I have downloaded the firmware and when i go to install it by clicking on the liteon icon after unzipping it says for firmwares xbo1- xb2z??? mine is xbo3 is this safe before I attempt it and do I just click on the icon in windows and its all automatic???

If i take my 40x to 48x can i just d/l the exe firmwares straight from lite on or do i still need the bins? and why?

logicwatch: It is safe and even if anything should go wrong it’s easy to re-flash using the tools provided on this site. And yes it’s all automatic.

phatty123: Yes, if you “upgrade” to 48x using the tools provided on this site you will be able to download future firmware upgrades directly from the lite-on site. The dos tool and the automatic exe tool from lite-on do write to the same flash memory but the exe tool from lite-on prevents you from flashing with wrong firmwares(ie. no overclocking) and from downgrading your firmware.

Just a question,… how do we know that installing new firmware is actually a ‘good thing’ (related to anything! burners, vid cards, etc) Im not questioning the integrity of hardware manufacturers, but in order for them to make a living, they have to sell drives right? So would the idea of ‘introducing problems’ into firmware could be possible? like how often do you see ‘part X’ die a month or so after the warranty is up? maybe companys making new firmware (who are suffering from bad sales) release a new firmware that deliberatly messes up products 1 month after the warranty is up, instead of the usual 3/4 months.

This is really stuffed up, and everyone probably thinks im paranoid, but its very possible these things go on.

Warcom,

Few companies would even risk doing it. In the first place, any product that consistently fails within a specific period after the warranty is over would find few buyers.

The consumer backlash alone would prevent companies from “timebombing” firmware.

Your quote proves the point. Manufacturers have to CONTINUE selling drives :slight_smile:

Im not questioning the integrity of hardware manufacturers, but in order for them to make a living, they have to sell drives right?

wakke is right… no support for Mt. Rainier or P-CAV on the LTR-32123S. :a

But still… flashing the F/W update in WindowsXP and being able to burn immediately after completion without rebooting is really cool. Good work on the flash util, Lite-On!! :slight_smile:

I just got a 32123S about a week ago. Yesterday I upgraded to the newest firmware XS0X. I was hoping that this burner would do everything but what is Mt. Rainier or P-CAV and why can other lite-ons do it but not my model???

Mt. Rainier = Seamless use (including booting without need of a so-called “boot image”) of CD-RW as a floppy, formatting/defect management/reading, etc. handled by the drive in hardware instead of DirectCD or InCD.

P-CAV = no need to go orange and speed up while burning (wasting time). No speed zones, it’s all smooth.

…check the BIG Lite-On FAQ just upstairs for details. :cool:

Apparently the 5S and 5W models will work. 2B and 3S are a no-go.

Apparently the 5S and 5W models will work. 2B and 3S are a no-go.

3S=MtRainier
3S!=PCAV

The ROM may/may not be released…

is it recommended to upgrade to tha newest firmware for my lite-on ltr-24102b?

what does it fix? is it faster? also can it still copy safe disk v2 games? (i already know that most of you say this is in tha chipset and NOT firmware related)

thanks for your time :slight_smile: