New lite-on drive won't play my back-ups

less than a week ago I purchased a lite-on LTR-52327S cdrw drive (black panel) and had no success playing a back-up of CALL OF DUTY, STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHT ACADEMY and probably most back-ups I made. I tried playing back-ups in my original drive where I had it copied from, which is the sony dru510a and had no problem loading the back-ups from it. At first I thought I needed to upgrade the firmware in the lite-on drive but this did not fix it either (I went from QS55 to QS57 fw). Still the problem persists which upon inserting the back-up into the drive then selecting single player on the title screen then it hangs and win xp terminates the program and wants me to send report to microsoft. Is there a setting I should configure in my pc because original copies of the game (not the back-ups) have no problem playing in the Lite-on drive. Can this be fixed or should I return the drive to newegg for a refund. Please help.

pentium4 2.6Ghz, 1Ghz cache, 120G HD, Sony dru510a with fw 1.0c, Lite-on LTR-52327S with QS57 fw, ATI all-in-wonder 9700 pro 128Mb video card, Alcohol 120% retail

Tried the original discs? Just to see if this is limited to the backup or to the game itself.

Make sure that you have an ATIP hider running when playing the backups.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I also have a SONY DRU-500A and all works great. Both my LTR-52327s and my LDW-401S@811S can’t even read original games protected with Safedisk 2.8.010. I guess this is the correct version.

Any ideas? I will search a little in this forums in the meanwhile.
Thanks