New Lite-ON Binaries for use with LtnFlash

vbimport

They’re available on Karr’s page here: http://karr.myweb.hinet.net and they’re binary files since they’re meant to be used with the LtnFlash program. Most of them are unreleased, but some have been out for a while.

LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S - ES0C
LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161H - KH0M Jul09 ,2003
SlimtypeCOMBO LSC-24082K - JK0A Jul07 ,2003
SlimtypeCOMBO LSC-24081 - 3M0D
SlimtypeCOMBO LSC-24081M - 3M3A
LITE-ON LTR-52327S - QS09 May21 ,2003 (forgot to change this?)
JLMS XJ-HD165H - CH12
SlimtypeDVD-ROM LSD-081 - AM0Z
JLMS XJ-SD081D - BM07

edit
All of the new ones are on my site now. Karr may be removing them soon, so if he does, then you can get them from me.

good shot dhc014 , thank you :slight_smile:

Adri

QS09 is awesome, look at this

A question about flashing firmware… Should the firmware on a drive that has just been flashed have the same checksum as the file you’ve just flashed from? I successfully flashed to QS09 on my 52327S, but the comparison turns up negative… Is this normal?

Originally posted by Vertigo
A question about flashing firmware… Should the firmware on a drive that has just been flashed have the same checksum as the file you’ve just flashed from? I successfully flashed to QS09 on my 52327S, but the comparison turns up negative… Is this normal?

Did you check the “Flash Boot Code” checkbox? If so, then I think it should. Otherwise it shouldn’t.

I tried both with the checkbox checked and without, and got the same result…

I tried both with the checkbox checked and without, and got the same result…

It’s a bug in Lite-ON CD-RW drives and is being looked in to. The compare checksum option should work fine for DVD and Combo drives though :slight_smile:

Wohoo, gonna flash my 165H now! Thanks Karr and Dave :slight_smile:

CH12 eh? Thanks.

I’ve sucesfully updated my 165H to CH12:)
I got a checksum mismatch because i didn’t use the “flash boot code” in ltnflash, so i tryed mtkflash for see if does it or not.
I improperly used it some times killing the litedvd, then i finally undestood the sintax and I recovered the drive…
mtkflash flashes the boot code by default…

but is important flash the boot code also?

I updated my lite writer to a faster model with the patched liteon flasher… the boot code wasn’t updated but the writer rocks anyway :bigsmile:

Adri

It’s not necessary to flash the boot code every time. I really don’t know how to tell if it’s absolutely necessary, but I think it would be best to do so when making big jumps in versions or whenconverting.

Hmm… Has anyone tested the “new” QS06 firmware for the 52327S?

Hmm… Has anyone tested the “new” QS06 firmware for the 52327S?

Yes, rdgrimes tested it in the same post with his QS09 tests. See his post above for the link.