NEW Lite-On 811s - HSOP

vbimport

i just got my NEW lite-on 811s and tried authoring a dvd which i did with Sonic MyDVD and burn using Nero 6.3.0.3 but it doesn’t play on my standalone dvd player (JVC-XV302SL). i’ve used the 2 disc that comes with the retail box but non off them play on my standalone.

i tried the booktype setting for both +R and +RW to DVD-ROM but still none of them played. though both of them played on my computer using winDVD but not in my standalone.

I haven’t tried the -R and -RW yet and i’m going to buy later to test and check.

what about just leaving the booktype to the original +R/+RW, would it make any difference? could it be my player doesn’t support the +R/RW? help me please.

otherwise i’m thinking of just returning this lite-on since there’s no sense to me to have this or just buy a new dvd player. :confused:

Most likely cause is that you are not burning with the correct files or format for the stand-alone player, or the machine does not like DVD+R. Try DVD-R first.

jvc xv s302sl on dvdrhelp.com says this dvdplayer supports dvd+r & dvd+rw. cant seem to find xv 302sl on there are they the same dvdplayer hope this helps

Go to dvdrhelp.com and look up your player to see if it supports +/-R media.

The fact that you book set it to dvd-rom and it does not play implies to me that you are going to have a problem getting any burned media to play in that standalone.

Originally posted by genericuser
Go to dvdrhelp.com and look up your player to see if it supports +/-R media.

Find the direct link in my sig.

actually what i have is JVC-XVS502SL and according to the compatibility list it supports DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW. i bought a DVD-R media a while ago (MAXELL brand / media code MXL RG02) and tried burning my authored dvd and STILL doesn’t play with my JVC Player.

do you think this is media compatibility issue?

i borrowed two of my co-workers DVD-R authored disc (Fujifilm brand / media code TYG01 ) but they are mix. one of them plays and the other is not. i’m confused!!! :confused:

if i try all of the media types then it might be worth to just buy a new dvd player.

Originally posted by eap_44
i just got my NEW lite-on 811s and tried authoring a dvd which i did with Sonic MyDVD

Reading alt.video.dvd.authoring you’ll notice that everybody agrees that MyDVD is crappiest piece of authoring software ever coded.

Originally posted by Bokonon
Reading alt.video.dvd.authoring you’ll notice that everybody agrees that MyDVD is crappiest piece of authoring software ever coded.

Which version do you think is crappy the bundled or full version ?

I use MyDVD 5 Studio Deluxe and have no problem at all. Even tried using the bundled MyDVD 4 and have not had any problems playing the DVD+R on my APEX.

Originally posted by Rimmer66
Which version do you think is crappy the bundled or full version ?

This is just a sample of what you can find on alt.video.dvd.authoring
http://xsls.com/?1117

:slight_smile: Ok that doesn’t look good for Sonic MyDVD :slight_smile:

:bigsmile:

However, it’s funny, I can’t relate to any of what is written. I have never had any “errors” or problems using Sonic myDVD, I use dedicated storage on seperate IDE controllers for my DVD authoring, and all done under Windows XP / NTFS and I have yet to crash Sonic MyDVD :slight_smile: