New Licensing Policy after May 8

vbimport

It is true…New Licensing Policy after May 8.

It is true that Fengtao has a new licensing policy with regards to NEW purchases after May 8, 2008, new users will not get life time free upgrade.

Ha…It is really sad that new users will not be able to get FREE lifetime upgrades, the free lifetime upgrades was what the entice me to purchase DVDFAB in the first place.

I hope that existing users will still be able to get free lifetime upgrades.

:sad:Thank you

people who bought DVDFab before may 8th DO get free lifetime updates

New License Policy:

[ul]
[li]Include 1 year (renewable) of software upgrades and technical support[/li][li]Qualify for Renew License (at least 80% off of product price per year)[/li][/ul]After May 8, 2008, Fengtao Software Inc. has changed the license policy. There isn’t FREE lifetime software upgrades and technical support anymore, but all existing customers who buy before May 8, 2008 will still get it. To encourage us to provide better software and support, new customers need purchase license and renew their license after it’s expired.

glad i made my purchase the day on may 8th :iagree:

[QUOTE=DVDKingdom;2054008]New License Policy:

[ul]
[li]Include 1 year (renewable) of software upgrades and technical support
[/li][li]Qualify for Renew License (at least 80% off of product price per year)
[/li][/ul]After May 8, 2008, Fengtao Software Inc. has changed the license policy. There isn’t FREE lifetime software upgrades and technical support anymore, but all existing customers who buy before May 8, 2008 will still get it. To encourage us to provide better software and support, new customers need purchase license and renew their license after it’s expired.[/QUOTE]

This will be good news for anydvd, people will go for the life time updates. I have fab platinum and all of slysofts stuff, so i’m okay. I think fab just shot it self in the foot. If they go under? where is our lifetime updates LOL.??

[quote=Donewell;2054052]This will be good news for anydvd, people will go for the life time updates. I have fab platinum and all of slysofts stuff, so i’m okay. I think fab just shot it self in the foot. If they go under? where is our lifetime updates LOL.??[/quote]See this postfor a price comparison.

Qualify for Renew License (at least 80% off of product price per year)
Even this sounds as a great deal to me.

Compare that 80% reduction to Nero (and many other programs) that only gives around 20 % reduction when you upgrade.

[QUOTE=signals;2054060]See this postfor a price comparison.[/QUOTE]
I believe the price comparison says it all. Folks certainly, can decide for themselves.
As you said,…
It is indeed, “…a no brainer…”

^^Agreed.

I would think business is rather bad that Fengtao has to change the licensing policies…I would not blame them, it will definitely be difficult to stay in business by giving lifetime upgrades to users.

I would not think that is feasible…in a business sense, unless ofcourse, FengTao go OPENSOURCE, it other words…Donation.

But because of the nature & sensitivity of Fengtao’s software, they cannot go OPENSOURCE.

Anyway, I have suspected that this day will come. On the other hand, As some has mentioned, THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE…So we shall see if Fengtao will still be here for years to come.

Cheers…

One more thing…I owned CSS regional Code from DVDidle (also from Fengtao), which has no more support since 2006.

I can still used the program together with EMC disc Copy to rip movies, and it works like a charm.

Anyway, just a thought to share…some day DVDFAB may end up like DVDIdle.

We shall see.

I think you underestimate Fengtao. :slight_smile:

Of course, I am only a Sea Monster…

And i do not want to under estimate any humans abilities. That was just my Sea Monster’s Opinion…no harm no foul.

Cheers…

Hi Sea Monster,

I think you are right, some day DVDFab will end, since there isn’t any software which can live forever.

That’s the reason I think yearly renew is better than lifetime free upgrade for customers. If we don’t upgrade our product frequently like before and now, customers will not renew their license, so we will not get paid. To be get paid, we must work hard :slight_smile:

You can see some companies provide lifetime free upgrade, but there isn’t real upgrade for 1 or 2 years, which means actually you don’t get upgrade.

Also, lifetime upgrade means product lifetime, not company/human lifetime. We have the right to stop development, but if we release a new version, customers who have lifetime upgrade right should get it for free.

So, my conclusion is: lifetime free upgrade seems better, but it depends on company, sometimes it depends on product (you can see some companies update one product frequently, but don’t update their other products), you don’t know what you will get in the future. Yearly renew is actually better, since it’s a positive feedback.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2054527]Hi Sea Monster,

I think you are right, some day DVDFab will end, since there isn’t any software which can live forever.

That’s the reason I think yearly renew is better than lifetime free upgrade for customers. If we don’t upgrade our product frequently like before and now, customers will not renew their license, so we will not get paid. To be get paid, we must work hard :slight_smile:

You can see some companies provide lifetime free upgrade, but there isn’t real upgrade for 1 or 2 years, which means actually you don’t get upgrade.

Also, lifetime upgrade means product lifetime, not company/human lifetime. We have the right to stop development, but if we release a new version, customers who have lifetime upgrade right should get it for free.

So, my conclusion is: lifetime free upgrade seems better, but it depends on company, sometimes it depends on product (you can see some companies update one product frequently, but don’t update their other products), you don’t know what you will get in the future. Yearly renew is actually better, since it’s a positive feedback.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]Honest answer Fengtao :flower:

[quote=fengtao;2054527]Hi Sea Monster,

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote]

Dear Fengtao,

It is an honor for you to reply to my email. I am really honored.

You are very correct with your conclusion. I am sure Fengtao definitely is not in this catagory.

Also, agreed with you that licensing programs does offer better support, since you get paid to maintain the softwares therefore, you need to “constantly upgrade” your programs otherwise you don’t get paid. I think that is fair.

On my part, (as a user), I definitely would not mind if I need to pay a minimal upgrade charges. However, since DVDFab has been giving free lifetime upgrades, I was sort of saddento hear the news that new users will not be able to get free lifetime upgrades. Luckily, I am still entitled to the free upgrades.

Of course, nothing last for ever, especially, in this time and age. So users should continue to support Fengtao, and hope to see your business grow.

Take Care

My opinion. Now instead of Buy it is necessary to write a “subscription”( As on magazine ). That who gets programs on a subscription, in a year starts to receive accounts for light, gas, heat and payment for such programs as FAB. Wrong the decision. A problem of program FAB in that that it too good and pirates for 10 minutes break the program and I think the basic “seller” of your program now will be googl. I have personally changed the mind and I will not buy a subscription though was ready to make it in the near future. Your decision would be correct if there was no Internet, Here that I have found for 10 minutes

You instead of encouraging diligent buyers, have replaced purchase by a subscription and it seems to me at you a problem. Russian politician Tchernomyrdin as that has told “Wanted as better, and It has turned out as always” means it has turned out even worse. You authors of the program, try, I am possible is wrong. I am right in that (this my decision) that I have personally decided not to pay a subscription. I will watch “New Licensing Policy” and if it changes I will buy the program. I respect your decision, but I want that you have learnt mine. Excuse for bad English.

Warning!
Don’t click on those links in post #17.
I have found that at least one of them is a serious virus threat.
My opinion is that post should either be modified or deleted.

Deliberately posting warez links => you get banned! :cop:

I’m not talking about DVDFab specifically, but it has been my experience that “Lifetime updates” is pretty much meaningless.

That’s for the life of the product, not the life of the customer or the company.

Even if upgrades come out and are provided by the company, all the company needs to do to charge its customers in the next upgrade is announce that they’ve “hit a wall” in development and that the current version has “gone as far as it can go.” They then release the program under a new name with a new interface, then charge all existing customers for an upgrade, perhaps giving them a discount if they’re upgrading.

Again, I’m not talking about DVDFab here specifically, just in general. I have seen it happen plenty of times.